Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long time since I've posted....

I don't plan to get 16 inch all season tire since it just rains a lot during winter here in Seattle. The snowboarding season is just around the corner. None of my friends own SUV or AWD. Will snowchain on IS300 do the job driving up to the mountains?

Anybody drove IS300 in snow yet?

Sean
Silver IS

Seattle

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've gone snowboarding twice this season. Let me tell you, I had two boards in a boardbag and the bag could not lay across the backseats!! I had to position the boardbag diagonally across the backseats. What a royal pain in the a**. If you're going boarding, have someone else carry your boards if you plan on taking more than one person in your car or buy a rack (I don't know if anyone has one out for it yet, though).

P.S. But it sure was fun racing up and down the mountain.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Couldn't you use the trunk pass-through to fit the snow boards between the trunk and the back seats???

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't have an IS but i'm assuming that the pass through isn't wide enough to fit a snowboard and can only accomodate skis?

-Chris Y.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The trunk pass is wide enough to fit 3 snowboards with no problem. You have to remove the bindings though of course.

My question was not answered yet. Anyone know the answer or had their IS300 run on snow?

sean

·
Registered
58 Posts
I wouldn't recommend anyone to run IS on snow simply because it is a rear-wheel drive vehicle.

[This message has been edited by IS300 (edited November 30, 2000).]

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that RWD won't get along with snow, but how does RWD perform in snow with snow chain?

I never had RWD before my IS300.

Sean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts