Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Has anyone had any experience with this car and the snow? I was either looking to buy this car or a 330ci. However, I think I am going to get a is300 for a lot of reasons. My only concern is that I live in PA and is this car mobile in the snow?

------------------
Grabeez

·
11,062 Posts
Do a topic search. This has been discussed in depth. Apparently, there are no problems at all...as long as you have SNOW TIRES. DO NOT try driving in snow on the stock Potenzas. It's suicide.

·
Registered
376 Posts
the car isn't bad in the snow, as long as snow tires are on it... Rear end slid out on highway first snow storm up here in New hampshire, slid off highway into a ditch and waited 1 1/2 hours for Lexus road rescue wenched me out.. Bought snows that day and it's not bad at all with trac on... Still a little nervous though now, don't need anymore surprises like that..

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by SeattleSheila:
Do a topic search. This has been discussed in depth. Apparently, there are no problems at all...as long as you have SNOW TIRES. DO NOT try driving in snow on the stock Potenzas. It's suicide.
I was in Vermont when we got nailed w/ 2 feet of snow over New Years... I got stuck once, but it wasn't a big problem... but I'm also running the 16" wheels. I've heard the 17" suck in snow, invest in snow tires.

------------------
~soybomb~

·
Registered
159 Posts
I crashed first snow storm here in Michigan with the stock 17", I was going 40 under the speed limit, when I slipped out and slammed into the center divider, causing my front, rear, and side panels to be smashed in......no more IS!

·
Registered
8 Posts
With the stock 17” Goodyear GS-D’s or the Potenza’s it’s like having four toboggans under you. I had some problems with my second car, so I got to drive one of the dealerships IS’s for a month that had Michelin Pilot Alpin (snow tires) on it, and there is no comparison. The only problem is that you won’t be able to find any of these tires this year. I searched high and low, and there won’t be any more until next fall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
ISINCOLO
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing