Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I know we've beaten this topic to death but here it is. One last time. I need snow tires for my IS300. I will be placing an order tomorrow.

I don't want to spend a ton of money right now. My plan is to use the stock 17's for just this season and then save up for a set of cheap 17-inch rims to use as an "official" winter wheel/tire set next winter. But for the time being, I'd just like to buy 17-inch snow tires and use my stock 17-inch wheels.

I think so far these are my best options:

Dunlop Graspic DS-1 from The Tire Rack. Not in stock but I confirmed they'd have a new shipment available next week. 215/45-17 (stock size) and the price would be $440 shipped.

*or*

Pirelli. Not sure of the *model* but according to my bro, he can order a set from the dealership. $550 includes tax. Same size.

Which one should I go with? Are the Pirelli's able to justify the added cost?? Has anyone heard anything *bad* about the Dunlop snow tires?

Or if anyone else has any other ideas that I should consider, please let me know. Please don't advise me to purchase a cheap set of 16" or 17" winter wheels now. I'll be doing that the following season and for the time being am just interested in purchasing 17-inch snow tires.

Thanks!

Scott.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts