Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being that I go north for skiing on a regular basis, I HAVE to get snow tires, but I don't want to spend crazy amounts of $ on them... Is it bad to get snow tires for only the rear wheels, or what?
Any advice would be great.

------------------
~soybomb~

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AHAHhahAHaHahha!
Too true, thanks for the input. I never thought of that.
Originally posted by hurricane:
It's kinda bad to create a car that can start and not stop. Bad bad idea. Buy 4 cheap snows.

·
8,107 Posts
It's more an issue when turning, you have different amounts of traction on front and rear, which will lead to spins. 20 years ago, people used to just get snows for the drive wheels (rear mostly back then). And they used to crash a lot.

Originally posted by hurricane:
It's kinda bad to create a car that can start and not stop. Bad bad idea. Buy 4 cheap snows.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I thought about doing this as well when I bought the snows. Obviously, as previously mentioned, it isn't a good idea because of the braking issue. But more importantly, most snow tire manufacturers recommend you purchase the set rather than just two for the front for front wheel drive vehicles and vice versa...

Scott.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Zoku
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing