Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what how exactly snow mode works?? Does it alter the transmission shifting program or what??

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Snow mode causes the transmission to start from second gear instead of first when you've stopped and then want to go. This reduces the power transferred to the drive wheels and thus reduces wheelspin since you will have less traction in snow.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Something more than just starting in second gear happens, feel it when going up a hill in say 55Mph and press the snow button. The engine looses some power and car slows down a bit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
it doesn't start in second gear, it still starts in first. It slows throttle response dramatically and cut the percentage of throttle input to help control the car in wet/icey weather

·
Registered
252 Posts
Something more than just starting in second gear happens, feel it when going up a hill in say 55Mph and press the snow button. The engine looses some power and car slows down a bit.
Why did you bump a 13 year old thread?

Reactions: jasonm4

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Why did you bump a 13 year old thread?
My thoughts exactly.

He actually didn't, a newer member bumped it while post whoring(invisible to you).

Boomerang said:
it doesn't start in second gear, it still starts in first. It slows throttle response dramatically and cut the percentage of throttle input to help control the car in wet/icey weather
Bingo! Well said.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Manuals have it as well, and it drastically cuts engine power. I tried driving an entire tank with it on to see how positively it would affect my gas mileage. It didn't do a single thing. So now I drive like a boss again, instead of a granny.

It's great for rain, as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts