Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How fast or slow are you supposed to go with the snow mode on? Is it okay to have it on for the entire 30 minute drive or are you supposed to use it briefly? I noticed my brakes were very hot the next day, because I had a lot of ice built up around the brake rotors that I had to it off before I could drive.

I skidded a few times driving this past New Years Eve on the icy roads in Dallas. Luckily, I weighed down my trunk (tennis gear, sports bag, and other junk that stays there year round like a sub) and no one was on either side of my car. They were all behind me, because my HID lights lit up the highway I30 in the night.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I believe all it does is change the shift points on the transmission and starts out in 2nd gear. No other change, I don't think.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
yeah, you are right... One thing i did notice however is that traction control caused a burning smell when I got stuck on a hill during the storm the other day. A car stopped ahead of me, killed my momentum. I then got stuck. Ack. I think the traction control was working my brakes so hard that it over-heated them. I got up the hill by turning off traction control, and just punching it. THe car slowly crawled up, albeit sideways.
Originally posted by gto2050:
I believe all it does is change the shift points on the transmission and starts out in 2nd gear. No other change, I don't think.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Being from the old driving school, I disabled the tracktion control while driving on the past storm. Nothing beats good driving skills with a car with LSD.

------------------
Silver,Graphite, Black
Fully Loaded

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Taino
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing