Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 01 IS has a carbon fiber hood w/ 2 vents (VIS). I was hoping someone here could tell me if I would have a problem when it snows. Should I buy a car cover (and does it really help lol).

Thanks!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
AAAhhh, watch out....It is going to melt!! ;)

It shall be fine. Just don't beat on it with a hammer or anything that will crack it under normal circumstances. It will probably be a little easier to crack when it is cold.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AAAhhh, watch out....It is going to melt!! ;)

It shall be fine. Just don't beat on it with a hammer or anything that will crack it under normal circumstances. It will probably be a little easier to crack when it is cold.
hope so i cant dish out another $600 bucks for another hood. more then the hood im worried about the engine.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Id atleast try and cover up the hood if it snows. You shouldnt have any problems like Neegra said just dont bang on the hood.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
the original hood that it was knocked off from actually came with vent covers for when it rains or snows.

water dripping on your belt will definitely shorten it's life.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i had the vis carbon hood and i got rid of it personnaly very poorly made and the two vents on it with the metal mesh comes loose after awhile so if you get it keep it covered..... if it snows heavy there it will crack from the weight

·
Registered
65 Posts
Still curious about thisissue. The Seibon TT hood is what I am looking at and I am curious as to if it rains will it damage my engine with water entering those vents? I don't have a covered garage to park it in so if it were to pour the water would just be flowing into the hood.

·
Registered
65 Posts
just keep in mind that when it rains, your engine gets soaked from the big opening in the front. ;)
True, however, the water is hitting the radiator and a lilttle on the engine belt and front of the block. Now with those vents on the top of the hood, water would be draining onto the top of the engine and it's components. Any other responses to this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts