Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change my tires to snow or all season tires. Have anyone changed theirs yet? Which brand do you recommend?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Nokian Hakkapeliitta are great. I have them on my Subby and with AWD, it's like driving on dry asphalt!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Check the wheels and tires forum. There's a lot of info there.

Heard the Bridgestone Blizzaks are really good snow tires. All season tires aren't going to do much good in the snow.

·
8,849 Posts
If you will be doing snow driving, protect your investment by getting snow tires.
It is recommended to get 16" rims/tires dedicated snow set and 17" summer set for better handling.

·
11,054 Posts
Where are you located? That will affect which tire is better for you. I just traded out the stock summers for all seasons a few weeks ago...and I LIKE 'em! Michelin Pilot Sport

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you're anywhere near the Montreal area, I've got a set

I just gave my IS back at the end of it's lease and have a set of the RAV4 16" rims with Nokian Hakkapeleta NRW tires if you are interested. I paid $1450 Canadian and would happily sell them for $500.

Either way, I highly recommend the Nokians, on a car like the IS it pay to get the best winter tires. I gleefully remember getting up a hill past a Blazer (with bad tires I guess) during a storm last winter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am located in Indiana, not a lot of snow but icy at times. Seems like the Nokian Hakkapeliitta and the Bridgestone Blizzak are pretty good. Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Are the Michelin Pilot Alpin good all-around snow tire? It doesn't snow that often in MD/VA and I need something that's able to take some wear. I was wanting the Dunlop M2 but Costco is only willing to special order Michelin tires. Any advice?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts