Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
you can put 40 sneaky petes in the trunk if you like, but what would be the point? why not just put a real nitrous bottle in the trunk?

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
i don't need to do any work to prove you wrong... you take care of that all by yourself chief.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
there's a couple things about a sneaky pete...

it uses a 9v battery...
the bottle holds very little N2O...
the jetting you use would be for very minimal HP gain...

plus, if you mounted the bottle in the trunk, the distance the N2O has to travel from the bottle is so far, that it wouldn't have enough pressure to push the gas thru the line very efficiently. i'm just speculating about this one...it would make more sense to mount that kind of small bottle under the dash somewhere closer to the solenoid or something...

just my thoughts...don't even bother...get a regular N2O kit...

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
I think it's cool :crazy: . They used it in F & F :roll: . Those things are quite useless IMO for setting up n2o system.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
isman said:
I think it's cool :crazy: . They used it in F & F :roll: . Those things are quite useless IMO for setting up n2o system.
They work really great on gopeds.

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
s0yb0mb said:
i don't need to do any work to prove you wrong... you take care of that all by yourself chief.
Exactly s0y...you can't...I don't expect you to admit you were wrong in this post cause that's not the way you are. You and I both know who's the idiot in this thread :p

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
lil' IS 300 said:
s0yb0mb said:
Exactly s0y...you can't...I don't expect you to admit you were wrong in this post cause that's not the way you are. You and I both know who's the idiot in this thread :p
how am i wrong? I never made any statements about the product... other than the fact that YOU DONT KNOW SHIT.

the funny thing is you're ownT and don't even know it...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
sneaky petes dont hold enough nitrous to give you any significant gains... theyre completely useless if theyre in your trunk and even if you had like 10 sneaky petes, they still wouldnt have enough pressure in them to give you a good shot.... i suggest goin with a 5 lb. bottle or maybe even a 2.5 lb. bottle to get the job done right....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I already ordered my PLP supercharger. I'm just not sure the low 14s the charger it's supposed to run is going to be enough to pull away from some of the people around here. Just need a little boost from time to time. If is isn't dangerous and gives a nice boost with the charger for one run I'll be happy. Or is this charger and sneeky pete thing just a silly idea that wont even work. I was planning to mount the sneeky pete under the steering wheel so I'll just reach down to open her up. I got a s-afc to rich up the car if I shoot, just don’t know if I can use it with the engine management that comes with the PLP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It will work, but the gains will be rather minimal so with the SC. I forgot how much power the Sneaky Pete adds, but it's like 20 hp and you probably wouldn't feel it with an SC. Definitely not dangerous for the motor though. Is there any reason you don't want to go with a regular nitrous kit?

Vandalizer7 said:
I already ordered my PLP supercharger. I'm just not sure the low 14s the charger it's supposed to run is going to be enough to pull away from some of the people around here. Just need a little boost from time to time. If is isn't dangerous and gives a nice boost with the charger for one run I'll be happy. Or is this charger and sneeky pete thing just a silly idea that wont even work. I was planning to mount the sneeky pete under the steering wheel so I'll just reach down to open her up. I got a s-afc to rich up the car if I shoot, just don’t know if I can use it with the engine management that comes with the PLP.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't want to shoot that often due to wear on the motor, so since I will only have enough to shoot once or twice I won't be as prone to using it as much =). A full kit cost too much to get and install so I figure a sneeky pete would be good enough for me, and I can install it myself. Plus I like the fact that no one will know its there. >=) I know that the power wont be that good but I can get it for a good price so if there isn't any risk I want to try it out. So what do you think.....not much risk?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
13 Participants
Vandalizer7
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing