Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am f***ing furious at my IS. I thought this thing was supposed to be fast? I bought it 2 months ago, and I have been loving it. This car really gets the looks! But last night I was cruising around and this green Acura LT (I thought it was an accord at first but I found out later it was an Acura) pulls up next to me at a light. He's got some cute blonde next to him and I guess he's showing off.

Anyway, he gives me "the look" and revs his engine. I'm like "yeah, this accord has a chance against my baby." Light turns green and we PUNCH IT.

Off the line, he immediately gets a nose ahead, and I thought I would catch up but he just pulled further and further ahead. At 90-100 he was about 1 1/2 car lengths ahead of me and he slows down.

He gives me a wave into a parking lot and I follow. He says "nice race, I've been wanting to have a crack at an IS." I told him I can't beleive he beat me in an Accord and he says "this isn't an Accord it's an Acura LT."

I said well, your ride is still hella modded and he goes "no, it's stock" and I'm like "no way" and he opens the hood and it's tru.. bone stock.

I said yeah but it probly cost 40G and he says "no I paid $28,000" I'm like f*** that's less than my IS! WTF?!?

Now I'm gonna need to start modding my car if stock sedan Accord lookalikes can smoke it. How much is this gonna cost me? F***!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I hope that you did not buy this car because you thought you could rip ass in straight line performance! C-mon. The car is not fast, it is however quick.

·
Registered
260 Posts
smoke,
how did you launch the car when the light turns green? power brake??
is the TL 5 speeds?
Know how you feel got beaten, better luck next time

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Smoke, I don't believe that was your first post. Stop living up to your name.

·
Registered
226 Posts
sure~ aiight smoker
a $40,000 Acura "LT"

he must be an Acura salesman...

hey smoker, if you're so furious about your IS300, I'll buy you a BRAND NEW Acura "LT" and you give me your IS300 okkie?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Smokie,
The other guys are right. Its an Acura TL. How many miles do you have on your IS? Is it broken in yet? I noticed my car was alot slower around 1500 miles. Now i have 4K and it seems quicker. Did you have the tranny in sport? That helps because it has higher shift points. Also sometimes Trac off helps though i don't think the i ever smoked the tires in the IS from a stand still and punching it.
BTW-Is300#1 TLs don't come in stick. Just like the IS =(

·
Registered
204 Posts
You guys crack me up!
Listen......what is that I hear.....

DENIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your car is quick, not Type-S fast but quick bone stock....

Just accept that, numbers don't lie, now modded IS300's that's a different story.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I truly find this story hard to believe.

I don't think the numbers support a TL beating the IS300 like that.

Just another h-a coming over to cause trouble. Been there done that!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Dude, we all know you're just some Acura fan working under cover...we know you don't even own an IS, but are posing to own one just to dis the car. Cut the BS and get real.
Your made up story makes no sense. The TL takes about the same time to 60mph as the IS300 (it's not faster). So enjoy your "LT" and stay off the IS. The CL-S may be faster off the line than the IS, but the TL aint. I didn't buy this car to smoke other drivers, but I know I can't get smoked by a TL. After 3600 miles on my IS, I'd take on any TL any time, any place.
So Mr. TL or LT, or whatever "Acura" it is that you drive, beat it!!

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
260 Posts
hasanazhar,
Have you ever been to Englishtown, NJ? wondering how it's like.. thinking to go there to see the import car stuff..

enjoy your IS...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Regardless of if the story is true or not, the TL is faster in a straight line. If you need a fast car to prop up your ego, you should've went with a muscle car. In Motor Trend 0-60:

TL 6.7
IS 7.4

[This message has been edited by Chiphead (edited October 27, 2000).]

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Screw that. Go for a 67 Mustang Shelby 350 GT. Same money as the IS in top notch condition.

Originally posted by DJson:
An IS vs and old school Nova? Hmmmmmmm.......

·
Registered
86 Posts
Originally posted by hasanazhar:
Dude, we all know you're just some Acura fan working under cover...we know you don't even own an IS, but are posing to own one just to dis the car. Cut the BS and get real.
Your made up story makes no sense. The TL takes about the same time to 60mph as the IS300 (it's not faster). So enjoy your "LT" and stay off the IS. The CL-S may be faster off the line than the IS, but the TL aint. I didn't buy this car to smoke other drivers, but I know I can't get smoked by a TL. After 3600 miles on my IS, I'd take on any TL any time, any place.
So Mr. TL or LT, or whatever "Acura" it is that you drive, beat it!!

black/ivory
17"
Give me a break!!! Whether or not this story is true, it is certainly believable. A TL can beat a stock IS300.

0-60 numbers:
TL: 7.2 (one magazine even got 6.7, but I think that's a statistical anomaly)
IS300: 7.4-7.8

The 2000+ TL is a ***little*** bit faster. And what do you know.... the guy claimed he lost by a car and a half from 0-90mph. The '99 TL (which had the 4spd auto) was a tad slower. You probably could edge out one of those.

DENIAL. That's all there is to be said. DENIAL.

And I'm sure there are plenty of TL owners in NJ. You oughta meet up with one if you're so interested in racing one "any time, any place."

·
Registered
204 Posts
Nah Golden,
They are right
Remember this is the IS300 board
The ULTIMATE in DENIAL
God forbid they lost a race and God forbid a non IS300 owner makes a comment. What a bunch of fakers man.....
The IS300 can beat a lot of cars from the line but are you gonna dispute MATH??????

LOL LOL LOL LOL
RONFLMAO
LOL LOL LOL LOL

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
lol why would someone sneak in from another newsboard and b.s. some story about beating an is300? c'mon, the numbers don't lie. the TL *IS* faster than the IS300 no denying that. You guys need to admit defeat to the Acuras, and move on and compete with 3-Series and the C-Class. The CL-S, CL, and TL outclass you and beat you in the numbers.

------------------

·
Registered
110 Posts
Originally posted by Iridium130:
lol why would someone sneak in from another newsboard and b.s. some story about beating an is300? c'mon, the numbers don't lie. the TL *IS* faster than the IS300 no denying that. You guys need to admit defeat to the Acuras, and move on and compete with 3-Series and the C-Class. The CL-S, CL, and TL outclass you and beat you in the numbers.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Not on the track, jack. And not in the turns and not on the highway.

Originally posted by Iridium130:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts