Lexus IS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoked an auto Audi S4

6K views 112 replies 54 participants last post by  CQILL 
#1 ·
i smoked an Automatic Audi S4 on the way to dinner. I loved it!!!!!!. The guy looked at me in an appologetic way. Beat him by 2.5 cars!!!!!.

#2 ·
What mod(s) do you have on your car? Was this a freeway, or a stop light race? I haven't race a Tiptronic S4, but I did with a 225hp TT, and I pulled him on freeway by about 2 cars (90-130 mph). I guess the S4 would be quicker on top end.

#6 ·
Originally posted by DWPMalek2001:
i smoked an Automatic Audi S4 on the way to dinner. I loved it!!!!!!. The guy looked at me in an appologetic way. Beat him by 2.5 cars!!!!!.
I dont know, its easy to believe and hard to believe. I believe this race was in the hands of driving skills. And of course you had more skills since you won. Although it doesnt take really any skills to drive a tip car. Just my .02 cents. Congrats on the kill!

#7 ·
The L-tuned intake is a drop in high flow intake, it is part of the L-tuned performancce pakage at the dealer. I want to get the rest installed onto it, but its gonna cost some money. But i will do it for sure. But im not so fond about the L-tuned body kit.

#8 ·
don't mean to flame, just keep in mind I drive a 2001 IS300.

well, it's really hard to believe you smoked him. I would say it's more like he's not as willing to take his car to the limit as you did. My brother drives an 2000 S4 tiptronic. I know how fast his car is. I don't think my IS will ever be able to beat him unless I go turbo or s/c, those bolt-on mods just won't do it.
So yeah, good job on the kill and watch where you're going with that speed

#9 ·
Originally posted by DWPMalek2001:
and then you wake up! you dont stand a chance to be even close to s4,you were just racing your self.

but I did with a 225hp TT, and I pulled him on freeway by about 2 cars (90-130 mph)

i have a TT and my IS has area51BB ,Greddy cat back,blitz drop in and a bag of skills and i couln't pull on stock TT,so i donno where you guys getting this lame storys

#11 ·
Ok well, in your defense I can believe that in this one instance you beat him...technically you did.

But if the driver is trying, the IS has no chance on an S4, and the only way it COULD beat it would be 1. the S4 driver wasnt racing or 2. The S4 driver REALLY REALLY REALLY sucked.

And to answer...someones question up there, theres a 6 speed and a tip S4.

#13 ·
Let me just chime in here. I own a 225hp TT. I have YET TO LOSE to any IS300 especially on the top end.

I have in fact beat many IS300's highway racing. Hate to burst your little dream bubble but the S4 was not racing you.

If anyone has doubts, I challenge anyone in the Miami area to race me in their IS300.

Off the line, rolling start, or top end....choose your fate

Mario.

#15 ·
hmm an stock 5-sp against a audi TT 6 speed should be a good race. A moded 5 speed is300 should take it.
Sentinel

#20 ·
Not to burst your bubble, but....

S4 Tip, 0-60: 6.5s
IS300 tip, 0-60: 7.5s

60mph is 88ft/s. 1 Car Length = 1 IS300 = 176.6in

So, according to the published numbers, he should have smoked you to 60 by more than 6 car lengths (unless he killed it at 60) Instead, you say you beat him by 2.5? There's an 8.5 car length discrepancy here. That's 125ft! Did you consider the fact that maybe, just maybe, he wasn't racing?

Maybe the look meant "I'm sorry you think you can beat me"?

Edit: S4 number came from Audi's website. Lexus seems to be embarassed
and leaves all numbers off of theirs, so I got those from Edmunds.com

[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: Mirror ]

#21 ·
Hmm magizines have published 7.1 on the is300. Add in reaction time , a half a second and some time for the turbos to spool(albeit small on s4). hmm thats still a big gap but not that big.

#23 ·
Originally posted by Sentinel:
Hmm magizines have published 7.1 on the is300. Add in reaction time , a half a second and some time for the turbos to spool(albeit small on s4). hmm thats still a big gap but not that big.
I was not aware that the IS will do it in 7.1. Still, the S4 is faster to 60 by .6 seconds. So there would have been a 52 foot gap (or 3.5 carlengths) instead. There's still a 6 car length discrepancy.

You cannot add in .5s "for the turbos to spool." A 0-60 time is a 0-60 time, is a 0-60 time. Turbo spool time is already accounted for since it's a real live run. Besides, the S4's torque peaks at only 1850rpm and holds it well into the rev range. Any turbo lag in that car (stock) is purely mental.

Now, a turbo IS vs an S4 is a whole 'nother ball game. Then again, if you turbo an IS, you can swap the turbos on the S4, and thus the cycle of benchracing begins.

#24 ·
you guys. maybe the driver did suck really hard. But when my IS was tested with all the mods on it, it 0-60'd in about 6.7 seconds. I dunno if his was the audi S4, but it had the S4 bumber and a color only made for the S4, the one really crazy blue. But i dunno, maybe u guys are right, i hope i didn't make a fool of myself.

#25 ·
Originally posted by QuikVR6:
Let me just chime in here. I own a 225hp TT. I have YET TO LOSE to any IS300 especially on the top end.

I have in fact beat many IS300's highway racing. Hate to burst your little dream bubble but the S4 was not racing you.

If anyone has doubts, I challenge anyone in the Miami area to race me in their IS300.

Off the line, rolling start, or top end....choose your fate

Mario.
Toyomoto???

#26 ·
Originally posted by Mirror:
Not to burst your bubble, but....

S4 Tip, 0-60: 6.5s
IS300 tip, 0-60: 7.5s

60mph is 88ft/s. 1 Car Length = 1 IS300 = 176.6in

So, according to the published numbers, he should have smoked you to 60 by more than 6 car lengths
[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: Mirror ]
Did you go to high school?
Your math is very very off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.