Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i smoked an Automatic Audi S4 on the way to dinner. I loved it!!!!!!. The guy looked at me in an appologetic way. Beat him by 2.5 cars!!!!!.

·
Registered
635 Posts
What mod(s) do you have on your car? Was this a freeway, or a stop light race? I haven't race a Tiptronic S4, but I did with a 225hp TT, and I pulled him on freeway by about 2 cars (90-130 mph). I guess the S4 would be quicker on top end.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an L-tune TRD intake, LSD, and skill
. JK. The IS300 has great rolling acceleration too, he took me for the first couple seconds, then my car just flew by him.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I thought all S4's were 6-speeds?

In any case, that auto must really sap it's power, they are low 14's cars with stick. But off boost I heard the aren't that fast.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by DWPMalek2001:
i smoked an Automatic Audi S4 on the way to dinner. I loved it!!!!!!. The guy looked at me in an appologetic way. Beat him by 2.5 cars!!!!!.
I dont know, its easy to believe and hard to believe. I believe this race was in the hands of driving skills. And of course you had more skills since you won. Although it doesnt take really any skills to drive a tip car. Just my .02 cents. Congrats on the kill!

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The L-tuned intake is a drop in high flow intake, it is part of the L-tuned performancce pakage at the dealer. I want to get the rest installed onto it, but its gonna cost some money. But i will do it for sure. But im not so fond about the L-tuned body kit.

·
Registered
446 Posts
don't mean to flame, just keep in mind I drive a 2001 IS300.

well, it's really hard to believe you smoked him. I would say it's more like he's not as willing to take his car to the limit as you did. My brother drives an 2000 S4 tiptronic. I know how fast his car is. I don't think my IS will ever be able to beat him unless I go turbo or s/c, those bolt-on mods just won't do it.
So yeah, good job on the kill and watch where you're going with that speed

·
Registered
782 Posts
Originally posted by DWPMalek2001:
and then you wake up! you dont stand a chance to be even close to s4,you were just racing your self.

but I did with a 225hp TT, and I pulled him on freeway by about 2 cars (90-130 mph)

i have a TT and my IS has area51BB ,Greddy cat back,blitz drop in and a bag of skills and i couln't pull on stock TT,so i donno where you guys getting this lame storys

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I was driving my CRX today and I totally smoked a 360 Modena....Honestly, I really did ....

(The Modena was going in opposite direction!)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ok well, in your defense I can believe that in this one instance you beat him...technically you did.

But if the driver is trying, the IS has no chance on an S4, and the only way it COULD beat it would be 1. the S4 driver wasnt racing or 2. The S4 driver REALLY REALLY REALLY sucked.

And to answer...someones question up there, theres a 6 speed and a tip S4.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Let me just chime in here. I own a 225hp TT. I have YET TO LOSE to any IS300 especially on the top end.

I have in fact beat many IS300's highway racing. Hate to burst your little dream bubble but the S4 was not racing you.

If anyone has doubts, I challenge anyone in the Miami area to race me in their IS300.

Off the line, rolling start, or top end....choose your fate

Mario.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
hmm an stock 5-sp against a audi TT 6 speed should be a good race. A moded 5 speed is300 should take it.
Sentinel

·
Registered
1 Posts
i would have to agree with the last couple of posts...are you sure it wan't an A4 you were going aganist?

[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: X-Ricer/S4_Driver ]

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I'm not a big Audi fan, but I have to agree w/most of the responses.

It would be difficult for you to beat the S4 in that way.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
zerins4, are you willing to put $100k on that? no joke, and all legitimate.
that'd be soo easy to pay off my turbo with...haha

hey, i think u raced a rebadged a4
not to burst ur bubbles, but you're not faster.

[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: Lexus_IS300 ]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not to burst your bubble, but....

S4 Tip, 0-60: 6.5s
IS300 tip, 0-60: 7.5s

60mph is 88ft/s. 1 Car Length = 1 IS300 = 176.6in

So, according to the published numbers, he should have smoked you to 60 by more than 6 car lengths (unless he killed it at 60) Instead, you say you beat him by 2.5? There's an 8.5 car length discrepancy here. That's 125ft! Did you consider the fact that maybe, just maybe, he wasn't racing?

Maybe the look meant "I'm sorry you think you can beat me"?

Edit: S4 number came from Audi's website. Lexus seems to be embarassed
and leaves all numbers off of theirs, so I got those from Edmunds.com

[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: Mirror ]

1 - 20 of 113 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
112 Replies
54 Participants
CQILL
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing