Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the freeway and I saw this IS 300, he thought his **** could run so I was like **** it. He pulled along beside me going about 60 and we hit it. I took the lead all the way to 120 and got out of it due to traffic. By that time I had at least a 2 to 3 car lead on him.... I am running stock. My conclusion is that a IS 300 with or without a stick is no macth for a CLS. The IS cant make up the difference even if it has a stick, that comes out in 2002.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Originally posted by CLS Destorys All:
I was in the freeway and I saw this IS 300, he thought his **** could run so I was like **** it. He pulled along beside me going about 60 and we hit it. I took the lead all the way to 120 and got out of it due to traffic. By that time I had at least a 2 to 3 car lead on him.... I am running stock. My conclusion is that a IS 300 with or without a stick is no macth for a CLS. The IS cant make up the difference even if it has a stick, that comes out in 2002.

I am very very proud of you.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
Cool, I think you should smoke all the IS's you see on the road. Bravo. Keep up the good work. And thanks for letting us know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,983 Posts
Originally posted by CLS Destorys All:
Don't get upset, I am just telling you what happened.
These are 2 totally different cars. One cheesy car with FWD and another with RWD. No comparison can be made of the 2...

its like me saying i destroyed a Geo Metro...
Be realistic

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by mccarlin:
These are 2 totally different cars. One cheesy car with FWD and another with RWD. No comparison can be made of the 2...

its like me saying i destroyed a Geo Metro...
Be realistic

Maybe you are right, but they are roughly in the same price range. I was was just posting my experience with the car. The IS is still a pretty fast car.
 

·
Founder
Joined
·
8,708 Posts
Wow, this is good news. All the reports I've seen thus far have shown that while the CL-S can certainly trounce the IS off the line and at least past 60, it fails to have any oomph past 100...

BTW, have you seen that TL-S commercial with the guy from NY going up to new england to get some clam chowder for lunch? Those wheels look awesome.

And hey: All you bases belong to destorys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
We're not upset at you. We're just sick of CL-S owners coming here and their first post is "I smoked an IS".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by webmaster:
Wow, this is good news. All the reports I've seen thus far have shown that while the CL-S can certainly trounce the IS off the line and at least past 60, it fails to have any oomph past 100...

BTW, have you seen that TL-S commercial with the guy from NY going up to new england to get some clam chowder for lunch? Those wheels look awesome.

And hey: All you bases belong to destorys!
My thrid gear does not run out until 110! Also, if you run in fourth to 125 the Vtec kicks back in!
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,880 Posts
I wounder what would happen if you had to negotiate some turns.


I could say I smoked an IS300.

Here's my story (really happened):
I see an IS300 on the highway. I get on his tail. We go at it for a while. At the end I take it up to 120 and he's 2-3 car lengths behind me.

Moral of the story? The dude didn't want to go over 100. Oh, one little detail, I was driving my stock IS300. Ha ha.
 

·
Founder
Joined
·
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by CLS Destorys All:
My thrid gear does not run out until 110! Also, if you run in fourth to 125 the Vtec kicks back in!
I did not mean to imply that the CL-S is not capable of 125 or even 100, but that it has little acceleration at those speeds.
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
23,616 Posts
Well... Congrats on the kill.

I'm not sure why you're here though.
It's pretty well known that the CL-S is a faster car. If you didn't win, there'd be something wrong.
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top