Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tonight i was driving home from downtown and on my way, i was stopped at a light and a accelerate when the light turns green and suddenly i look in my right side-vew mirror and see a pair of headlights bookin' it and a 528i blows by me, so i step on it and catch up to him to see what's goin' on and it's this like 40 year old dude who's having a great time racing me and he's got a big goofy grin on his face and we both hit a red light and are first in line and as soon as it turns green we both step on it. he had me on the low end acceleration and then i got up to speed and he couldn't keep up with my high end acceleration. i caught up to him and then passed him and started pulling away when i hit 100 or 110. i came up on my left turn and was about 20 feet ahead of him so a started beeping to say bye and he beeped back. all i have to say is, he was pretty fu*kin' cool for an old dude! (not to offend any 40 year old is300 owners on this forum)

·
Registered
385 Posts
It makes sense that you beat him, those are more luxury then speed but that is real cool that he was like 40. TOnight i had a guy who was like 40 try to race me in his pathfinder. He got smoked big time and then continued to flash his high beams at me for a good mile. Gotta love the older guys with some spunk still left in them.

Sam

·
Registered
112 Posts
I know someone who just bought a 530i, and it's got 225hp. I believe the 528 is in the 200hp area... so it ain't such a huge kill.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My boss just gotta 530.

My IS 300 got wrecked a few weeks ago so I'm waiting for the 2002 to come out but when they do he's in big trouble!

I'm getting a manual and have already ordered the SRT Race intake, stage 2 ecu and a greddy evo which should put me at over 200 hps at the wheels! He's not gonna know what hit him!!

·
11,062 Posts
Originally posted by BigFellaAdam:
...and it's this like 40 year old dude who's having a great time racing me and he's got a big goofy grin on his face... all i have to say is, he was pretty fu*kin' cool for an old dude! (not to offend any 40 year old is300 owners on this forum)
The funny thing about getting older...you do attain a little better judgment, but for the most part the age is only on the outside. You'll see.

[ August 06, 2001: Message edited by: SeattleSheila ]

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
2pac said:
Icarus said:
Ill try a 540i :crazy: :crazy: They weigh 3700+ :wink:
A 540I will walkyour ass allover the highway, track, thruway, where ever.
they have 282 HP and they beat the GS400. dont under estimate them.
i don't know about the track but it will take an IS from a stop or from a roll

1 - 13 of 13 Posts