Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I did a search and couldn't find anything resent or similar to my situation. I have an 02’ is300 5 speed manual with JoeZ air intake, Toyomoto headers (with stock y-pipe and cat), SAFC II (dyno tuned) and Greddy EVO II catback exhaust. Does anyone know if I will pass swog? If not what are the bare minimums that I have to address? Could I just restiall the stock intake and leave the rest? Thanks in advance to the help!

·
Registered
432 Posts
put the stock intake back on and hope to god you pass the visual inspection
if you pass the visual inspection you should be good, not like they will charge to do a visual inspections, just tell them it's all stock but the dyno and the exhaust

Do you have o2 sims?

Reactions: is_300guy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have 02 Sims, so no computer erros on the dash. Thanks for the info. Any suggestion on who will do a weak visual inspections?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I have read somewhere on the forum to hide your SAFC II too. Try to put something in front of it.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Hmm...not sure that you'll pass with the headers....I don't think they make carb legal headers for our IS's...at least that I know of. You live here in Sac too huh? how long have you had your IS? Maybe I've seen you or mycalr has too. And what kind of power did you make?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, I had the SAFC installed in my dash.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After my dyno, I was pushing 205hp to the rear wheels and 215 torq. I've had my IS for 2 yours now.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yea, I had the SAFC installed in my dash.
Then you can prob pass it off as some sort of car audio equipment.

We will have to let you know next time we have a local meet.

Reactions: is_300guy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Then you can prob pass it off as some sort of car audio equipment.

We will have to let you know next time we have a local meet.

Will's IS - Cool let me know. It would be nice to network with some local IS dudes.

Reactions: mycalr

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
After my dyno, I was pushing 205hp to the rear wheels and 215 torq. I've had my IS for 2 yours now.
Nice gains!:) I like the sound of that! I am in the process of getting some headers(cheap ones) too and want to dyno the car and make over 200plus too. My SAFCII in below the heated seat and trac/snow buttons. Had my car for about two years too. Where did you get the car dynoed at?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice gains!:) I like the sound of that! I am in the process of getting some headers(cheap ones) too and want to dyno the car and make over 200plus too. My SAFCII in below the heated seat and trac/snow buttons. Had my car for about two years too. Where did you get the car dynoed at?
Will"s IS - Thanks! It has nice torq!! I got my car tuned and dyno at motorsport dynamic, unfortunately i believe they went out of business :(

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I was wondering where you might of done it. I know that they had went out of business and D2 Motorsports here in Roseville went out of business too. We had a meet not too long ago and there was about 10-12 cars that came out to the meet....and there was about 4-5 GGPs there! Was cool. There is a meet coming up on March 22. North meets South. The biggest meet there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was wondering where you might of done it. I know that they had went out of business and D2 Motorsports here in Roseville went out of business too. We had a meet not too long ago and there was about 10-12 cars that came out to the meet....and there was about 4-5 GGPs there! Was cool. There is a meet coming up on March 22. North meets South. The biggest meet there.
Will's-IS Ive seen the term "GGPs" what is that? Or does it stand for something?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
just fyi almost all places will do a visual check therefore you won't pass with the headers on your car. Everything you named there would be illegal but you might be able to get away with the intake and the safc.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Oh, that is just the color of the car. GGP means "Graphite Grey Pearl" what color is your IS?

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
just fyi almost all places will do a visual check therefore you won't pass with the headers on your car. Everything you named there would be illegal but you might be able to get away with the intake and the safc.

yup. Thats right! Thanks for the clarification! Hope that all is well Chris! See you at the meet!:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh, that is just the color of the car. GGP means "Graphite Grey Pearl" what color is your IS?
Will's IS - Oh then i have a GGP! LoLOL :p

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Will's IS - Shot! I has hoping i wouldn't have to reinstall the stock header.. :(

1 - 20 of 43 Posts