Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone seen those lights at all?
those small ones a little about and to the side of the HID lights. any idea that those are for? i cant figure it out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
If i can remember correctly, i think someone said that it was there to control the blueness of the HID light when it is turned on...i am not 100% sure though.

I hate to say it, but try doing a search
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,909 Posts
GMoney is correct, I changed mine to amber (turnsignal color) they look really cool just b4 surise and sundown. It makes the housing of the headlamp glow amber yellow, it gets looks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Originally posted by jiggafett:
GMoney is correct, I changed mine to amber (turnsignal color) they look really cool just b4 surise and sundown. It makes the housing of the headlamp glow amber yellow, it gets looks!
Would you happen to have any pics?

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Are you referring to the city lights? The little light bulb that turns on when the light stalk is set to turn the parking lights on? I changed mine to Polarg hyper-whites... its burns a bit bluish. Blends in better with the HIDs than the stock (yellow light) bulbs.

Originally posted by newenegue:
has anyone seen those lights at all?
those small ones a little about and to the side of the HID lights. any idea that those are for? i cant figure it out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea its those small lights that turn on with the parking lights i think. sorri i dont have any close up pictures of it. but if you look at any IS300 closely, maybe in pictures. you will see a small whole towards the inner side of the HID or low beam lights. i was thinking about changing those to superwhite, or do you think another color would be better? perhaps blue, but highly illegal...are they easy to install???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by GMoney:
If i can remember correctly, i think someone said that it was there to control the blueness of the HID light when it is turned on...i am not 100% sure though.

I hate to say it, but try doing a search

incorrect.. the city lights do not have anywhere near enough wattage to change the color of our HID's.. you could put any color in there and it won't change a damn thing about the HID's.. trust me. i've tried blue, red, purple, hyperwhite, etc. also, since these lights are so small, its hard to detect..so even if you have an illegal color in there..it would be hard for a cop to notice..unless you're driving in the dark late at night behind a cop with only your parking lights on...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,359 Posts
Originally posted by TicaLis300:

incorrect.. the city lights do not have anywhere near enough wattage to change the color of our HID's.. you could put any color in there and it won't change a damn thing about the HID's.. trust me. i've tried blue, red, purple, hyperwhite, etc. also, since these lights are so small, its hard to detect..so even if you have an illegal color in there..it would be hard for a cop to notice..unless you're driving in the dark late at night behind a cop with only your parking lights on...
Ticalis is right about not able to change the colour of your HID.. but wrong about the bulbs being visible at night behind HID. As the bulbs are located side ways on the IS housing, it is not visible from the front , unless u kneel down to look. But these bulbs are clearly seen side on if a cop pulls next to you.. that's how i got fined for having these blue bulbs. Motorcycle cop pulls right besides me and looks at my lights for no damn obvious reason! The PIAA PLasma Bulbs (Very white purple tint lights) did nothing to hide it...

Check the INSIDE AND OUT FORUM for pics..

or visit my site at www.geocities.com/trd328
go to gallery section and it links to my photopoint a/c. There are comparison pics between blue bulbs and hyper white bulbs for parking lights/DRL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,342 Posts
damn bro..thats some bad luck. i've had red ones in which are highly illegal and been right next to cops.. in front of me, behind me, next to me.. u get the point.. since i had the HID's on.. they really didn't notice the little red dot on the inside.. the cop that gave you the ticket was out to get you.. or someone for that matter.. but then again.. it could just be location.. i have the piaa blue ones in right now..and cops have given me the thumbs up in parking lots... guess it all depends on the cop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,359 Posts
Yeah i think that cop was having some sort of PMS syndrome...
He came from the back and went past a few cars and rode up next to me.. then kept the pace... looked at my front.. held back.. tehn came up again for a closer look...
then uh oh.... lights camera action...
he was giving me ****s and asked me if i was a police officer, ambulance or a fire truck.. all the answer was no... so he asked why i have blue lights.. damn that asshole.. I posted his name on this forum sometime ago regarding tickets and cops.. maybe he wanted a promotion and did not have enough tickets at the end of the month... so he choose me...

or maybe he's never seen a lowered lexus with an exhaust bigger than his dick....

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Hey TicaLis300, where did you buy these bulbs at, and what are the spec’s of a bulb that I’m looking for?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,909 Posts
Originally posted by AzNIS300:
Would you happen to have any pics?

Thanks!
I'll see what I can do, it might take a while.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,909 Posts
Originally posted by NDSN:
Hey TicaLis300, where did you buy these bulbs at, and what are the spec’s of a bulb that I’m looking for?
Check here it's the "mini wedge bulbs"
Click Here!!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top