Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that when I'm at a complete stop and I try to gun it to take off the car bogs out felling almost like a total stall and then after a second takes off into second. I know its not good to take off like this, but I just got the car and I wanna see what it can do. I also know your supposed to break in the engine, so please dont tell me these things. Does anyone else notice this problem???

·
Registered
447 Posts
for one thing....... we kinda don't have a 1st gear......... if u go 2 e-shift...... there is no 1..... my dealer sayd it goes out of it so quick that its basically not there........ but out of start..... i occasionally feel that slack..... but only if you floor it...... but if u apply the right pressure than floor it......u'll get out of stop just right and hit higher speeds faster.....
also....try going 2 L floor it til u redline....then go 2 2.......hit red line....and go 2 D...... that'll boost u.....

>=|

------------------
Silver 2001 IS300
RMM Intake
Carbon Fiber Dash Kit
Hella Blue Lights On Dash

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
e-shift??? Is that the manual mode?? I know that stars in second, but I'm taliking in automatic.

[This message has been edited by Tony Montana (edited March 23, 2001).]

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by ICE300:
for one thing....... we kinda don't have a 1st gear......... if u go 2 e-shift...... there is no 1..... my dealer sayd it goes out of it so quick that its basically not there........ but out of start..... i occasionally feel that slack..... but only if you floor it...... but if u apply the right pressure than floor it......u'll get out of stop just right and hit higher speeds faster.....
also....try going 2 L floor it til u redline....then go 2 2.......hit red line....and go 2 D...... that'll boost u.....

>=|

Got any pics of the blue lights on your dash??

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Tony M i feel your pain! I hate that about this damn car... I feel like Im driving in the Matrix (all slo mo) Then it finally kicks in and wakes up.. Oddly enough Im not rough on the throttle? I drive using moderate acceleration, but you feel the difference. Maybe I will trade in for the 2002 Manual. It kinda sucks that you cant get that wheel spinning ground pounding torque out of 1st as you would in a manual.

Oh well.. hopefully there will be a fix.

------------------
  • Formerly "rarjoon (517 posts)" Still Cruisin NYC in my SBM.
  • Working on my 96 Chevy S10/350 Conversion race truck. -- Syclone 2
  • Killed Chevy S10 project... will use truck as my daily driver, and focus on tuning my IS

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Tony, When you have your ecu flashed and get your trac ecu replaced I think it will help/correct this problem.

Wilkie will be doing all of this for me soon under warranty.

·
11,062 Posts
It's gotten better since I piled on some miles...I THINK I'm learning to drive it differently, so it's not as bad now. What really gets me is trying to cruise around a parking lot at low speed. I hate the hesitation when it can't decide what gear it wants.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by cardinal_creek:
Tony, When you have your ecu flashed and get your trac ecu replaced I think it will help/correct this problem.

Wilkie will be doing all of this for me soon under warranty.
Why would I have my ECU flashed is there a problem with it..Is this some kind of defect?

·
Registered
667 Posts
The only way to start in 2nd is to engage the snow button. Putting it in 2 in manual mode justs limits it to 2nd gear, still starts in 1.

Originally posted by Tony Montana:
e-shift??? Is that the manual mode?? I know that stars in second, but I'm taliking in automatic.

[This message has been edited by Tony Montana (edited March 23, 2001).]

·
Registered
447 Posts
just push release push release...... if u experiment u may find the way out of it..... as for pics of my dash..... i got pics..... urrr......my sis does...... but she sayd she lost them...... n until i get new digital pics.... i can't...... but its not wut u think......

>=|

------------------
Silver 2001 IS300
RMM Intake
Carbon Fiber Dash Kit
Hella Blue Lights On Dash

·
Registered
43 Posts
I find it is better with TRAC off. damn TRAC will not let you spin the tires. it happened to me while trying to pass a car in traffic, I was very shocked as my IS just sat for a second or two doing nothing.

does anyone else use the shifter to shift from 1st to 3rd, like I do? great in traffic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
dogofthegods
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing