Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have OEM pads, slotted rotors, and SS lines, and when I brake around 60-70 MPH to a deadstop they make some noise. Nothing too crazy just the vibration of the pads pressing against the slotted rotors I'm assuming.

Is this normal?

I am thinking about switching back to OEM front/rear rotors because of this noise. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The steering wheel doesn't vibrate, the car vibrates almost. It's really odd, thats for sure. I've never heard of this before. And they get HOT AS FIRE after driving. I can't even touch them.

They came from iRotors.com and they were warped, so I had them resurfaced, and now they're on the car.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Although you resurfaced the rotors to ensure that it is free of any warpage, you also have to look at the pads now. If there is uneven wear or grooves in the pads, you may get some vibration as well.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
slotted rotors and stock pads= A BIG NO NO!

Stock rotors are the best, or upgraded solid rotors. Aftermarket pads and lines is a good idea.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had no idea that slotted rotors with OEM pads was a bad idea.

Where can I find upgraded solid rotors?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Malekreza11 said:
slotted rotors and stock pads= A BIG NO NO!

Stock rotors are the best, or upgraded solid rotors. Aftermarket pads and lines is a good idea.
I have slotted Rotora rotors with stock pads and they work great,are you speaking from experience?

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
did you properly bed in the new pads? if not, that might be a reason why they are so damn squeeky..:lol:

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
jvillagran2000 said:
I have slotted Rotora rotors with stock pads and they work great,are you speaking from experience?

yea alot of experience. Ive had a few sets of aftermarket pads and rotors.

Stock rotors with aftermarket pads work the best, thats the bottom line.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
u might need to do bleeding.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I already have brand new OEM front/rear pads, I just need a new set of front/rear rotors because these slotted ones SUCK! Noisy as hell. :(

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
OYaBongxKp said:
u might need to do bleeding.
Having air in the system shouldn't make the car vibrate during braking. The only thing that would happen in that case would be a loss of pedal pressure.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
jvillagran2000 said:
I had similar experiences with aftermarket rotors with OEM pads as well. Nothing bad except the pads wore faster than when I had OEM rotors on there.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Malekreza11 said:
yea alot of experience. Ive had a few sets of aftermarket pads and rotors.

Stock rotors with aftermarket pads work the best, thats the bottom line.
wich aftermarket pads are you running w/stock rotors and are they noise or dirty.

·
Registered
820 Posts
MonStar1120 said:
The steering wheel doesn't vibrate, the car vibrates almost. It's really odd, thats for sure. I've never heard of this before. And they get HOT AS FIRE after driving. I can't even touch them.

They came from iRotors.com and they were warped, so I had them resurfaced, and now they're on the car.

you are not supposed to be touching brake discs after driving...all of them get hot! :screwy:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can someone suggest an aftermarket solid rotor?

Possible to spend under $200 for a set of front and rear rotors?

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
monster! im pretty sure any brake setup, ur not supposed to touch them after driving cuz no matter what its gona be hot lol...

however, i do get vibraton too..but whenu say 60mph to a dead stop..do u mean like SLAMMING on the brakes? b/c im sure thats just..normal form stopping at such high speeds...

but yeah im running brembo slotted/drilled rotors front and rear, and axxis ultimates..SQUEAKY...

wow also, i clicked the ebay link up top, and dude i called and talked to Vic, the guy that works there, GREAT guy. tellin me how he knows owners of irotors.com and how he can beat their prices....same product, but better prices...he said he'd do the FRONT AND REAR CROSS DRILLED AND SLOTTED BLACK ZINC COATED for all $190 out the door, since im local. and he'd throw in axxis metalmasters for $80 and Goodrich SS brake lines for $90 if i buy everything together..real great guy, i suggest you check them out..they only like 30 minutes from where I am, closer than where i got my rotors from (www.irotors.com) so im gonna try them out and review it after i get my next brake setup.

-Aaron

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
also, i might test out the TRD or project MU pads with my next setup...everyone is running axxis's and EBC's....i tihnk i'll try TRD... =D let u guys know how it goes!

-Aaron

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
MonStar1120 said:
Those are cheap ass chinese rotors that are CNC drilled, DO NOT BUY THEM, they are trash.

I got brembo xdrilled/slotted to replace the chinese shit rotors I got from the Trinet guys.

Check here > www.sportbrakes.com

I have xdrilled/slotted rotors all the way around with Axxis pads, and Stoptech SS lines.

Great setup, regardless of what Malek says.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts