Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just kidding
anyway, I get spots on my windows after washing car. how do you clean your windows? use windex?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
No Windex is bad.. if you use it.. MAKE SURE.. you do not get it on your paint.. it contains amonia.. and i think that deteriorates your paint job....

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Um...don't the windows get washed at the same time you wash the car? Unless you're talking about water spots...in that case, you should dry the windows when you dry the rest of the car.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
no wonder the stains were on the inside of the windshield...i just thought they was some bionic seagulls and pigeons...now how do i get rid of the footprints on the ceiling? assprints on my escaine? skidmarks? my friend is always complaining that my car smells like feet and ass, if he only knew...

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmm.. I did, but I guess the towl didn't dry the car too well.. I think I'll sacrifice my unused hair towl next time I was the car.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
If it helps, I used to dry the glass of my car with a squeegee...but now I use the California Water Blade.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Windex is OK - but here is the secret -
wipe it off with a crumpled newspaper, not a cloth or paper towel. You will find that crumpled newspapers work like magic.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
ah TEG, you revealed the secret, you know that method is not open to those outside the circle without the tribunals' permission, now you must suffer the incessant cries of twin babies and become and insomniac on the internet until 4am...

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
yup, it does...
i crumple it up really good then uncrumple it and fold it into a square....no lint, really clean, then just throw it away.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I wouldn't use anything *but* the California Water Blade on the paint...

Originally posted by Juggaknot:
can a squeegee do the same things california water blade can? like wipe off the water from ur paint without damaging it?
I always wondered about that newspaper thing...what about the ink from the newspaper? Will it come off and make a mess?

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
itll come off on your hands so you gotta be careful about touching anything- especially if you got ivory interior. and dont use the same one too long or else itll start breaking up from being too wet and rubbed too much, crumple two or three pages ahead of time and then fold them into squares...take any old newspaper, just rip on single page along its seam, one half page is more than enough for one windshield...the other half to dry...

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you are really cheap, use detergent. That stuff will leave your windows shining.

I've always been partial towards the newspaper thing. It really depends on what newspaper you are using. If the ink feels "glossy" then you shouldn't use that newspaper. It spreads water more than it absorbs. If the ink is powdery and it comes off relatively easy on your hand then that is *good* newspaper. I've always had mixed results, so I just stick with detergent.

Although the ink probably *is* the magic ingredient I still kinda freak when I wipe my windshield with it.

Detergent works, it'll get any gunk off your windshield but just put some Rain-X on afterwards and your windows will be protected for a long long time...

·
Registered
650 Posts
I had that problem too, but i found this stuff that works great!! Its called SToner window cleaner. It works best with crumpled newspaper and leaves no streaks and waterspots. Just make sure you put enough on when doing the headlamps so you don't scratch the plastic cover. Stoner is available at most auto care store..IE..AutoTrek, Pepboys, or whatever...Good luck

1 - 20 of 21 Posts