Lexus IS Forum banner
7001 - 7020 of 10584 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
lol. My main reasoning was to have like 12.5 in the back and 11's up front. That's a lot of money in tires though.

If I did flares I would make sure I FILLED them. I'm on the fence about it though. Sometimes I love how Wald flares look, but other times I hate it.

I may just have some front fenders widened so I can go lower. We'll see. I'm leaning more towards this option honestly.
ohhh... i know where you're going with this yeah that one Altezza build has already ran that setup x11 +10 front & 12.5 -10 rear right.. Don't do it man not worth it imo. If you want an aggressive setup why not just make it happen on stock body. I don't mean you should pull the crap out of ur fenders & sounds like ur not all about camber.. But at least you know if you have an aggressive setup with more neg camber you know you can always go back. But with flares never again.. I'd just keep ur setup just more low & it'd be awesome or make ur wheels now just tad bit more aggressive then. lol 11j 12.5j is useless unless ur car is pushin some decent hp & want to be like an RWB IS300 haha

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
ohhh... i know where you're going with this yeah that one Altezza build has already ran that setup x11 +10 front & 12.5 -10 rear right.. Don't do it man not worth it imo. If you want an aggressive setup why not just make it happen on stock body. I don't mean you should pull the crap out of ur fenders & sounds like ur not all about camber.. But at least you know if you have an aggressive setup with more neg camber you know you can always go back. But with flares never again.. I'd just keep ur setup just more low & it'd be awesome or make ur wheels now just tad bit more aggressive then. lol 11j 12.5j is useless unless ur car is pushin some decent hp & want to be like an RWB IS300 haha
lol boost WILL come eventually :lol:

The more I think about it, the less I want to do flares! I think widened front fenders and a little wider rear lips and I'll be good.

Just got get all my maintenance done first!

·
Registered
244 Posts
lol boost WILL come eventually :lol:

The more I think about it, the less I want to do flares! I think widened front fenders and a little wider rear lips and I'll be good.

Just got get all my maintenance done first!
GOOD Sounds better^ I couldn't bare see an IS as clean as urs get chopped up for flares :/ unless ur car ends up looking like so after ur done then by all means go for it lol CAR FEATURE>> A RECESSIONARY TALE - Speedhunters

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
that wald lip is frowning hardcore!

10" on the front is ridiculous, you'd have to be running stupid low offset to clear the wishbone arm no? I'm running 9.5" +18 with a 5mm spacer to clear with 225/40/18

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
^what happened?
well, i've been planning on redoing my wheels.

I MIGHT do 10.5 +13 rear, we'll see. I'm doing the faces custom, lips mirror polished no matter what.

I also got a sponsorship with Stance, so I have to send my coilovers out to get rebuilt with some custom parts, 12/14 spring rates.

Might also flare my fenders a wee bit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i barely get on the forums but i thought i'd post a pic of my IS. it's lowered on D2 coilovers (with a lot of room left to go lower), Work Emotion XD9's 18x9 +20 offset in the front. tire size is 215/35/18, 18x10 +18 offset in the rear. tire size is 225/35/18. pretty stretched.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i don't know many people around my area with lexus'. i have a friend with an sc400 and he goes to lexus' meets but it's hard to go to those when i'm a full time college student and always working so i can buy stuff for my car. lol i just ordered a greddy style lip and want to purchase a short throw shifter soon.

btw eastono, your car is pretty dope man. i like it a lot.

·
Registered
306 Posts
ISexc, your car looks good! Love the XD9s!! They look sick on our cars. Which meets do you attend easonto? I think I I'll be showing at import reactor, that's the biggest I can think of atm. Can't wait to see the new look!

·
Registered
21 Posts
thanks man, i actually had my wheels and car for sale due to personal reasons and i had a buyer who wanted to come buy the car yesterday for $9500 on stock wheels (i got the car for $6800.) but thankfully some things changed for the better and allowed me to keep the car and wheels.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Well thats good to hear man! I don't ever want to sell my IS. If your ever in the Houston area be sure to hit me up, there are a few guys around here with some IS's and were always down to meet more! And if you ever sell your wheels, lemme know ;) haha but keep it up!

7001 - 7020 of 10584 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.