Lexus IS Forum banner
6981 - 7000 of 10584 Posts

· Registered
731 Posts
If someone wanted to do the CCW thing (Cough *Jerm* cough)... You could fit an 18x11.5 in the rear with a +35 offset and 265/35's and a large pull ;)

It's right on the inner limits though. Haha
Hmm...would this possibly be the size/specs on the grey wagon? :) If so, that would be a nice setup. I would love 265s or even a 285

· Registered
413 Posts
Bummer, i went to look at some 19`s i saw for sale today and it seemed the guy didnt know much bout them. He had them for cheap and everytime i kept asking him questions he really didnt know what i was talking about....is it bbk friendly? Whats the offset? Whats the lug pattern? Etc........ go to look at them and yeahhhhh!!! 19x10+0 19x8.5-4....fuuuuu!lol! Cant make that happen, but i might still buy them cuz theyre a damn good price :) just thought ill share that with you guys.

· Registered
1,538 Posts
^ hahaha

Easton, I was thinking more like Teck's fitment. F18X9 +38 255's and R10.5 +48 285's. Something like that haha
That's not bad, if it were me I'd deff go wider with a 245/35 maybe 255/35

FL FS/FT**CCW Classics (f)18x9.5 +35 (r)18x11 +32 with tires**$2500 shipped - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

On another note, I'm kinda thinking about trying to get some Wald flares... Then putting like 3" wider lips on my wheels..

I just wish those weren't black, I was looking at them. If you need lips I can get them for you Cory.

· Registered
4,542 Posts
I just wish those weren't black, I was looking at them. If you need lips I can get them for you Cory.
Wait, wish what wasn't black? That set of CCW's isn't black...

I may hit you up for some lips closer to spring.

What's about the widest we can handle (with a pull and rolled fenders + camber) without flares?
widest i've seen in front is 9.5" and rear was an 11". it was the one that white_is posted in his link just a couple posts up.
Jacob is running 18x10 XD9's all around. But a 9.5 or 10 is basically the widest you can go up front.

The rear depends on offset, tire size, and camber. My rear is a 10.5 +41 with a 255 and -1* of camber.

You really have to watch the inner barrel hitting the suspension if you go WIDE. Teck would rub the springs on his coilovers with one of his setups. He actually moved his mounts farther inward to allow more room.

I THINK 11.5 +35 is probably PRETTY close to the max on the inner side. I can't remember what Teck's measurements were but it puts you at 181.05 towards the inner suspension.

But that'll require pretty aggressive camber/pull since it sits at 111ish with the fenders. That's almost an inch futher out than my 10.5 I posted above. It's also about 6mm more poke than 9.5 +15, so you can compare their fender work/camber with something along those lines.

One thing that might also cause a problem is being so far back towards the inner suspension and running lots of negative camber. I don't know for sure, but it seems like lots of camber would put the wheel even closer to the suspension.

· Registered
244 Posts
I kinda like the stock body + Vertex front. Anyways here are some pics!
Not bad, I kinda like how it looks.

FL FS/FT**CCW Classics (f)18x9.5 +35 (r)18x11 +32 with tires**$2500 shipped - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

On another note, I'm kinda thinking about trying to get some Wald flares... Then putting like 3" wider lips on my wheels..
Why flares man? ur car's too clean for that.. Just go lower & tear up that kit drifting! More Awesome points! :D

What's about the widest we can handle (with a pull and rolled fenders + camber) without flares?
Almost anything you want.. Depends what ur going for & how much pull/camber/height/ & tire size you plan to run.

· Registered
4,542 Posts
Why flares man? ur car's too clean for that.. Just go lower & tear up that kit drifting! More Awesome points! :D.
lol. My main reasoning was to have like 12.5 in the back and 11's up front. That's a lot of money in tires though.

If I did flares I would make sure I FILLED them. I'm on the fence about it though. Sometimes I love how Wald flares look, but other times I hate it.

I may just have some front fenders widened so I can go lower. We'll see. I'm leaning more towards this option honestly.

6981 - 7000 of 10584 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.