Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my guess is that half the civic owners think their car is the end to all, so they just wanted to show them that it was not, and how badly it would get beaten by about everything.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I've seen a civic beat a skyline...the Civic was running in the high 8's though in the 1/4 mile...the Skyline bested out at 9.1. Oh and I went for a ride in an R32 and an R33 when I was in Vegas

------------------
98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph
2001 Lexus IS300 (Solar Yellow)
Coming soon: 12 second timeslips with the IS (my new all out drag car!)

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
gpr, there are plenty of skylines running slower than 8s and 9s timeslips.

mrclam, fastest honda runs 8.71 by stephan p...civic hb that is.

·
Registered
654 Posts
9 and 8 second civics aren't street legal now are they? Compare apples to apples...

street Civic (what is the fastest steet Civic?)
vs.
street Skyline (Signal auto has a 700HP street legal dunno if it's the fastest though)

HKS R32 Drag Skyline (1011HP!)
vs.
drag Civic

And the plain fact remains that while the Civic is great for drag because of it's light weight, it's owned by the Skyline on the track... but then again practically everyone owns the Civic on the track...

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
agreed shadoh6, as an fyi....
the fastest street legal skyline makes 1240hp, and runs an 8.86 in the quarter, on street tires! this street legal skyline would own ANY civic. it is on the website url i posted for this topic, under the performance section.
civics are a waste of a car to try to make a strip car, its ri****ulous to even attempt it, unless you have sponsership, and even then it won't be the faster car, but a head turner and crowd please (for some) because people in the crowd own one as there daily driver, but that one is slow of course, but the sponsers are in it to get the crowd/consumers attention.
as for the fastest street civic, there are probably a handfull of them in the mid to high tens, but nothing better than that, and those might not even be a street car, because if you run without any interior, your car isn't a street car.

Originally posted by shadoh6:
9 and 8 second civics aren't street legal now are they? Compare apples to apples...

street Civic (what is the fastest steet Civic?)
vs.
street Skyline (Signal auto has a 700HP street legal dunno if it's the fastest though)

HKS R32 Drag Skyline (1011HP!)
vs.
drag Civic

And the plain fact remains that while the Civic is great for drag because of it's light weight, it's owned by the Skyline on the track... but then again practically everyone owns the Civic on the track...

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the crx from hawaii? yes, i am pretty sure you are right, he went 10.86 or something like that, but he is one in a million, but i can respect that, as a street car, that is pretty damn good. i am pretty sure he was only running a 1.8, and not a 2.3 also.

·
Registered
571 Posts
skylines rule.....although if I had 90k, I would probably never make a decision between that and a NSX. I love the styling on both cars, but skyline, for some reason, does not "look" like a 90k grand (although once you get in and look at the gadgets, then it's clearly evident).

I don't really pay attention to 8/9/10 sec. civics....they been modded so much they pretty much took out any practicality in the car...who'd want a car w/o a stereo, noisier than a plane, no AC. Not that making a really fast civic is easy, but as a daily driver, why would I want one?

Now a skyline, or supra, just upgrade turbo/ecu/intercooler, you got yourself a supercar!!!!

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
agreed vvti power, they both have detuned race motors.

shadoh6 - yes appearantely the word c o c k is not allowed for some reasons? : )

[This message has been edited by IS300GTE (edited December 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
759 Posts
That's because the Skyline is not a 90,000 dollar car...it's about 45K in Japan...but import fees raise it up. Oh I would take a Skyline over anything too...I particularly like the R33 best...I was fortunate to go for a test drive in a MotoRex modified R32 and a stock R33...amazing!

------------------
98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph
2001 Lexus IS300 (Solar Yellow)
Coming soon: 12 second timeslips with the IS (my new all out drag car!)

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I don't quite like the way it looks, but I still love the car for it's performance. I haven't had the pleasure to drive one yet, and probably never will, but I hear it's one of the best sports cars (or maybe THE best) from Japan. With some mods, it pumps out 4 figure horsepower, and it has awd.
When I first saw a picture of the car, I thought it was just a modded 240SX. But it turns out that it's not.
I guess the performance more than makes up for the looks.
Bring it here Nissan!!!

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Yep, the exterior of the Skyline is you either love it or hate it type. Yet its superior performance capability is probably the best among Japanese cars, and definitely among top 10 in the world (if not higher). Actually, I heard even the Japanese were not too happy with the design of R32 when it first came out, but they learn to adapt.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i personally like its looks, especially the r34. it looks like a nice luxury passenger car, until you instigate a race with it and it blows your doors off.

i love sleepers and it is a total one if you don't know the car.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
10 Participants
IS300GTE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing