Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I was wondering what anyone's experience with skunk2 coilovers was. I was planning on buying some soon. If you do not like them can you suggest some that you like.

I am sort of on a budget, so JIC and Tein are out of the question

tahnks in advance

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Skunk2 is a Civic/Acura product so dont get them. Save your money and get some real coilovers or just get lowering springs on e-bay 150-250.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Skunk2 are not real coilovers, they go over your stock or aftermarket shock. And they are not just a honda/acura company. I had them, they were good.
I would suggest getting aftermarket shocks.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
SilentAttack said:
Skunk2 is a Civic/Acura product so dont get them. Save your money and get some real coilovers or just get lowering springs on e-bay 150-250.
HAHAHAH
Dont get skunk2 because your toyota will turn into a honda.
Get some no name brand on ebay so its all better.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
silver5spd said:
HAHAHAH
Dont get skunk2 because your toyota will turn into a honda.
Get some no name brand on ebay so its all better.

Last time I checked Skunk2 racing was Acura/Honda. At that the last time I checked for springs (when I bought my Teins 1.5 years ago) The only other brand they carried for the IS300 was Eibach, So yes spending 150-250 on springs that have a history to back them up does make it better.

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
teion only spring maker for the IS300 1.5 years ago - are you insane, where did you look, joe's performance?

·
Registered
23 Posts
somguy2u said:
teion only spring maker for the IS300 1.5 years ago - are you insane, where did you look, joe's performance?
I think he said 1.5 years ago Skunk2 carried products for a) Acura/Honda and b) IS300?

EDIT: No, nevermind sounds like he said only springs he could find 1.5 years ago were Tein and Eibach. Nevermind, he may be insane.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
I dont know.
I dont like to exclude a product, just because the main focus of the company is in honda/acura. They have the fastest NA Honda.
Their product worked well on my car, and I will continue using their coils when I upgrade my shocks to koni yellows.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
The rear was tucking half an inch I think. The front was one finger gap.
On stock shocks, so they didnt last too long, plus I got skunk2 coils on used stock shocks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts