Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone grow up with a skateboard? Street? Vert? Concave? Fishtail? Banana? Run Comp? Get sponsored? Live for it? Know anyone who did? Have vids?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Dude I skateboard'd all my young times. I wont 1st place in a competition at 14 : P (street/skatepark competition) I was so proud haha.
I still have two sets here. I went last summer a couple times for fun to some outside skateparks here but I hurt my wrist and took months to recover lol. I'm getting old!!! but it's still fun!

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha I forgot about this thread! I'm glad to see some enthusiasts still around.

Damn straight Simon! I took a spill last year and it felt like an eternity to recover. Not like the old days :lol:

Happy to hear you're still skating Mike!

I had a monster half-pipe in my backyard growing up rode bikes and skated it.

Brandizzle who never posts anymore was a badass skateboard he was in a few videos. I have them here at the house not sure if the are on youtube or not
Hell yeah! I used to ride with some locally sponsored guys. Found so many hidden gem spots, backyards, private businesses, etc. We hardly got kicked out of anywhere... Makes me want to look through the old VHS collection!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I use to skate in a small town in NC. we built our own stuff. I was more into BMX'ing that skateboarding. Hell at 33 i still have a BMX bike

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I always had mad respect for BMX. Tinkered with it a bit when my guts were bigger than my balls. In the end, I stuck with skating. Mountain biking, on the other hand, I was the trail/hill/jump test pilot. "We just built this huge mound that drops into a creek and launches you to the trail on the other side.", "Sweet. How is it?", "Don't know, no one tried it yet.", "Give me a bike!" :lol:
I'm 31 now and coincidentally in the process of overhauling my GT mountain bike.

Skateboarding was all street for me. Riding downtown cities, parking garages, load docks, stairs, rails, concrete ramps, benches, etc... goddamn I miss the exhilaration of sticking a landing

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
^^ I thought you were older! damnit I'm older than you then...
You are so patient (like a Jedi-Ninja-Yoda style) I thought you were in the 40-50s. : D

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At least we're both still young at heart. Not the first time I've been accused of being patient... or old :lol:

·
Registered
13,903 Posts
I half-ass skated for a few years. Then I destroyed my ankle trying to ollie a bunch of chairs at age 16. I was never even remotely good, but I had a sweet Wu Tang deck I put together from a CCS mailorder catalog. My little brother stole it a few years later and traded it for weed.

Dickhead.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I attempted to pick up skateboarding last month. I felt like I was getting the hang out of it then my board slips out from under me and I end up breaking my ankle which required a titanium plate and 9 screws haha. I still want to do it, but it caused so many setbacks and I miss driving my car. :p

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had a sweet Wu Tang deck I put together from a CCS mailorder catalog.
damn I remember CCS! and CSE and SantaCruz mailorder... Back when DC shoes had a 5 point star and their gum rubber soles were like glue on griptape. Definitely remember the Wu Tang decks too :lol:

The key to skating well is NEVER skating beyond your ability! Ollie a 10 stair after you make a 5 stair your bitch!

Don't rollflip casper down 5 steps until 2 steps at Cosi are your bitch!

I still wear scars from those days... no broken or sprained bones thankfully.

My sprains and breaks are another story altogether :lol:

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
first it was rollerbladers... now scooters are the worst thing at the skatepark

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
No but I used to rollerblade..
We call these dudes fruit booters in AZ. Im sure mex lex knows if he was in the scene.

All time favorite skater to this day is Pat Duffy. That mofo is sick in his day. I have skateboarded since 85 when I was 5 yrs old.
Entered and placed in contests and helped raise money for the first concrete park in phoenix. Never got sponsored but I had a sk8 crew in high school. "Krooked" 94-05 were my better days. My favorite/best trick to pull on a ledge was frontside tailslide inward heelflip out. Goofy for life No Mongo.

Check this shit out. I still wear some of this lol Reppin.

BTW: I play SK8 3 on PS3 daily, my name is dthmtlsk8r. Im ranked in the top 5 so watch out haha.

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That Powell Ripper graphic was my jam back in the day

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Broke a board:
literally how I stepped off

Bought a board:
...and trucks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
10 Participants
HeHateMe
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing