Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you enjoy a good single malt scotch every now and again (and I imagine almost none of you do on account of being tasteless morons), I suggest you run -- don't walk -- out to get a bottle of Lagavulin 16 year. The stuff is amazing -- best Islay malt I've ever had, bar none. It's smoke and peat in a bottle.

That is all.

·
Commander In Beef
25,546 Posts
What about Glenfidich? I haven't gotten around to trying that one yet. I kinda stay away from scotch, but once in a while me and pops will sit out back with one while grilling something on the BBQ. Gotta give it a try though...

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
geoff said:
If any of you enjoy a good single malt scotch every now and again (and I imagine almost none of you do on account of being tasteless morons), I suggest you run -- don't walk -- out to get a bottle of Lagavulin 16 year. The stuff is amazing -- best Islay malt I've ever had, bar none. It's smoke and peat in a bottle.

That is all.
That is all my ass, I sugested lagavulin to your penny pinching ass over a year ago. :bitching:

the only thiing that would make this taste more authetic is if they threw a fish in there and then stuffed the whole bottle in a bushel of peat. To remove the packaging you'd throw the whole bastard in a fire.

Other than those possible upgrades, this isn't a scotch for the weak-of-pallate.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm not a big Scotch drinker but I have a bottle of Dalwhinnie 15 yr. It's pretty good when i'm in the mood for scotch...I think it runs about $50....

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Geoff said he wasn't a fan, but as I prefer highland malts, Macallan 18 is my personal fav (runs about $80/bottle)....

I hope to be rich/dumb enough one day to buy a Macallan 25 ($180/bottle) or even an 18/25 Gran Reserva bottle...

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
A while back I bought a Glenlivet boxed set with 200ml bottles from 1965,1966,1967,1969 and 1970. It was cask strength and cost something like $250. The store also had a 25-year-old bottle there for $220 but I figure an extra 250ml and cask strength is worth an extra $30. I only have the 1967 bottle left. Nothing can compare to a good old scotch.

It is amazing how much better the eighteen-year Macallan is than the twelve.
Never had the twenty-five, I'm sure it is awesome. How about this one:

Distilled during Prohibition, bottled in 1986 and yours for a mere twenty-thousand British pounds.:) Math problem for you single malt drinkers: Calculate the "angel's share" on a 60-year-old bottle. Gloria, in excelsis Deo!

The Islay scotch has always struck me as tasting slightly medicinal or something. Not that I haven't had some good ones, but I'd rather take the high road.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
20k pounds is conservative. i think almost all bottles were sold via auction and are insanely priced.

The gift for the guy who hwas everything and then some! :eek:

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
s0yb0mb said:
Geoff said he wasn't a fan, but as I prefer highland malts, Macallan 18 is my personal fav (runs about $80/bottle)....

I hope to be rich/dumb enough one day to buy a Macallan 25 ($180/bottle) or even an 18/25 Gran Reserva bottle...
I thought the Macallan 12 was good, but not great as some reviews said it is. Still highly recommended.

My collection so far has grown, young Jedi. Take a gander:

Macallan 25 (absolute fucking nectar, and I mean OMG WOW amazing)
Glenfarclas 17 (probably my fave after the Mac 25)
Lagavulin 16 (Islay, and incredible IMHO)
Macallan 12
The Glenlivet 18
JW Blue Label (blend, not single malt, and again, OMG WOW HOLY SHIT good)

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
geoff said:
JW Blue Label (blend, not single malt, and again, OMG WOW HOLY SHIT good)
I don't know jack-shit about scotches n whatnot, even with a father who always drinks this shyte, but I do so LOVE JW Blue Label. Too bad it's so pricey. Hmmm...maybe that's what I'll get my dad for christmas...or one of the others you guys hav ementioned....good show!

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
geoff said:
If any of you enjoy a good single malt scotch every now and again (and I imagine almost none of you do on account of being tasteless morons),
Why is almost every topic you post a lame attempt at trying to make yourself look better than everyone else? It's sad.

:yawn:

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kinddog said:
Why is almost every topic you post a lame attempt at trying to make yourself look better than everyone else? It's sad.

:yawn:
Because when I have idiots like you sniveling about, it's so damn easy to do.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
i'm surprised tou even answered him Geoff... you know he pulled a whiney Carbon-esque farewell a while back? :lol:

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
geoff said:
Um, no, but nice try. I've been drinking scotch for years. And it's cool to start a thread about the finer things in life. it's just pathetic to do so and insult everyone just to feel better about yourself. You do it repeatedly.

again, sad.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
want a cookie kingdog? We all bust chops here, it jsut seems you're particularly sensitive to it... :boring:

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
s0yb0mb said:
i'm surprised tou even answered him Geoff... you know he pulled a whiney Carbon-esque farewell a while back? :lol:
Yeah, I saw that. He posted his drug threads and got kicked in the dick by just about everyone here, and so his two remaining brain cells shifted into high-gear whine-like-a-schoolgirl mode and he threated to leave here. I especially liked the part where he said he contributes more to this place than anyone here -- that got a few LOLs from the ol' geoffinator.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
kinddog said:
geoff said:
Um, no, but nice try. I've been drinking scotch for years. And it's cool to start a thread about the finer things in life. it's just pathetic to do so and insult everyone just to feel better about yourself. You do it repeatedly.

again, sad.
Do you need a hug or something? Holy sensitive, Batman.

Do this: go earn yourself some PL history. You'll find that I always insult you fuckhammers, no matter what. It's part of my charm, Eeore, not something deeply personal as you clearly think it is.

Wait, this just in: you rape men.

OK. That's all. You can get back to rubbing your weewee now.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
s0yb0mb said:
want a cookie kingdog? We all bust chops here, it jsut seems you're particularly sensitive to it... :boring:
yea, but he busts out the gate busting chops. Why couldn't he have started a scotch thread without the wisecracks?

I don't care personally, I was just pointing a serious personal weakness of geoff's out that I have seen a lot. If he gets pissy about it, that just tells even more....

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
12 Participants
lex-ative
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing