Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lots of japanese ps2 games, but no ps2 to play it on. I suppose the graphics for that car should be very very nice. (almos like the real car) I really wan to try the altezza in ps2, but once again.. the problem. How is it? anyone played it? anyone want my japanese ps2 games?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I use the Altezza in Sega GT for Dreamcast. It's fun to drive home in the IS and then race one on my TV.

------------------
'01 SBM IS300

·
Registered
272 Posts
As you know the ps2 hasn't been released in the US so I don't think anyone has played the japenese version unless they bought one in japan.

How and why do you have japanese games without the deck?

Anyway, I have read the reviews for the game and seen some sample shots. I'm assuming the cars will drive like their RL counterparts, more-so than the first two games, since it's supposed to be running on a new game engine.

My advise, get rid of the japenese games since you won't be able to play them on the US deck, nor would it make any sense to get a japenese deck with the US deck coming out in a few months. (October last I heard but don't quote me)

------------------
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly. *OUTLAW RACING*

sheesh, alot of typos

[This message has been edited by DJson (edited September 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
77 Posts
my friend has a ps2 and ive played gt2 on it, the graphix are almost the same. not that great of a difference. =(* is 404 hp all you can have with this car? (talkin bout the game*

·
Registered
239 Posts
oh yeah, and Gran Turismo on the PS2 is NOT called GT2, its called GT2000... u must've been playing GT2 on a riced out Playstation1, haha sucka

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
GT2 is a game made for the original PSX ... your friend just has the PS2 with the GT2 game running on it (PS2 plays both PSX and PS2 games). Many people are thinking of the third installment.. GT2000, which has not even been released in Japan. I can't wait for it though...

------------------
White IS300
Houston, TX

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
you can purchase PS2 here in the states for around $600. It is the Japanese version though. Also, if you really want info on GT2000, check out ps2.ign.com, they have alot of info on GT2000. It should be out before Christmas and the graphic just look great, extremely realistic.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Originally posted by iNtAkE808:
...is 404 hp all you can have with this car? (talkin bout the game*
Not if you know how to shark an Altezza w/a v12...

For GT2 ofcourse, not GT2000

------------------

·
Registered
77 Posts
first and foremost he got ps2 from a friend that hooked him up (he got it for around 350). and i was playing gt2 on a ps2 d*ck, so next time you say something stupid you better be sure someones lyin. for those who have playstation the power switch is in the back and theres a reset button up front, why is this?

DJson - how do you switch engines? i cant even get an intercooler. so strange.. = is it me or in gt2 the is300 fishtails easily?

·
Registered
654 Posts
I love the IS in real life.... but when it comes to videogames, the IS blows! Get a Skyline or a Lancer Evolution VI! In Tokyo Highway Battle 2, the IS is listed as a B-class car, while cars like the S15 Silvia, RX-7, Supra, Skyline, NSX, Lancer Evo, and Impreza WRX are the A-class cars. The IS may be the best car for us in real life in America, but give us the cars that Japan gets and the IS becomes quickly outgunned. Once again I have to say, I love my IS

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
well, IS is only a sport sedan whereas the other cars you mentioned are consider somewhat as supercar.
But you are right about IS in US though, it is one of the better cars from the Japanese companies.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Originally posted by iNtAkE808:
...DJson - how do you switch engines? i cant even get an intercooler. so strange.. = is it me or in gt2 the is300 fishtails easily?
I build cars for my racing team. We use hybrid cars to race other people on either GT or GT2.

Yes the IS300 fishtails alot. One of the reasons I like driving it. Looks saucy on replays bending corners sideways. If this is a problem, adjust initial on LSD for stock and increase rear DF for race modified cars.

Email me if you want me to build you a car, [email protected]. Gotta have a dex though.

------------------

1 - 16 of 16 Posts