Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not going to install it yet, and can probably figure this out myself but I just wanted to know what I'd need to remove to install the PLP-SFI, and if you really need to use soapy water, etc. thanks

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
soapy water?

you need a philips head screw driver and a 10mm hex ratchet and common sense. That's about it.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i mean, do you have to remove the engine cover and/or intake box, just so i know in advance about how long it might take (the instructions are vague, and like i said of course i can figure it out i've done this before but i'm getting lazy)

·
Registered
84 Posts
taking off the engine cover is not necessary though might make it barely a bit easier to slide on the intake hose. it's 4 10mm bolts and is about as difficult to take off as opening your toast-r-oven for cleaning. soapy water is helpful for sliding on the rubber boot of the intake pipe but not necessary by any means. intake box (air filter box) does not need to come off.

good luck- hope you enjoy the mod.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool, thanks a lot :)

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
you have to take off the engine cover or you won't be able to tighten the hose clamp. btw i thought you need a flat head screw driver..

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
its stupid easy... i jsut soaped up a paper towel and used that to apply any sopa i needed. i really didnt' need much at all.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Didnt' need any soap. Just a 12mm rachet to take the negative terminal off the battery, a 10mm to take the engine cover off and a flathead to screw on the clamps. Easiest mod ever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts