Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the IS300 and plan to keep the CPO 01 I have (with only 45K) for a long time. However, I am over 40 and a little out of touch with the tuning options...so help me out with some IS300 suggestions and I promise I can give you some tips for sailing fast on San Fran Bay!

The IS has decent power and really nice throttle response. I want to keep that but would love to improve it - AND get better mileage, can an intake or CPU upgrade work? Exhaust? Anything tried and true? I know this motor has been around, anyone improve on it? Thanks for any tips.

BTW: I had a 323ci that was slow but handled great and was great fun to drive, all the way to the dealer for repair after repair, nuff said...

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
if your lookin for a lil bit of power and increase mpg..i would say to go for an aftermarket intake...whether its the JoeZ intake or the k&n FIPK both improve power and mpg...i've had the JoeZ intake w/ a TRD drop in filter and i gained an extra 40+ miles every tank...im still trying to see any significant mpg gains with an exhaust...but the power is definately felt..

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Has anybody actually dynoed an aftermarket intake to see if it actually improves power? I remember a study being done where it was shown that the engine actually produced LESS POWER when the resonator was removed from the air intake.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Crester said:
Has anybody actually dynoed an aftermarket intake to see if it actually improves power? I remember a study being done where it was shown that the engine actually produced LESS POWER when the resonator was removed from the air intake.
joe z himself dynoed his intake..and it proved to gain 7 rwhp

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
*edit*
nm lextasy got it before i could post it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts