Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
I saw a silver carbon fiber hood at SEMA last week. It was on an M3 and a Ford Mustange.

It was in the VIS booth. They guys said they can do it for the IS, since they already have the mold for the OEM hood, all they have to do is lay the Silver CF in the mold. :wink:

sorry, I don't have pic.. my camera ran out of battery. :bitching:

·
Premium Member
8,850 Posts
my neighbor, the owner of GTP, aka IMPORTFAN.COM, can do this also in SoCal. 8)

·
Banned
809 Posts
I think just a regular carbon fiber hood looks awsome on an MSM. I used to have a VIS dual vented hood and have pictures in my sig if you want to see, but if you get some pics of what your talking about, post them because it sounds interesting.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
4drrckt said:
if you search i actually just asked about this and there is more info in that post
The SEARCH feature sucks...

Your best bet is to have someone paint the CF hood with a metallic pearl of some sort. contact House of Kolor and tell them what you want and maybe they can recommend a product! Good Luck

·
Registered
284 Posts
I was at nopi this weekend and they had one on this benz. The silver paint was faded to blend in w/the hood. Bad ass. I'm looking for one now...they had one for a Civic for sale, but no IS.

`Shawn

·
Interior Handling Expert
1,752 Posts
shawn said:
I was at nopi this weekend and they had one on this benz. The silver paint was faded to blend in w/the hood. Bad ass. I'm looking for one now...they had one for a Civic for sale, but no IS.

`Shawn
That's exactly what I am planning to do to my CF hood. As soon as it gets done, I'll post some pics. At first I was gonna have silver CF on the sides and leave the center black CF, but I decided to go with painti ng it mostly because of price but also because it's easier.

·
Registered
144 Posts
sherwing2000 said:
Is there anybody who's starting to do this because I have a MSM car and I think that i would look good with similar color so pls direct me to that place where to purchase one.THANK YOU
Went to a show Dyno show here in Colorado and this S4 had this silver carbon fiber hood. I really liked this color better, I would even put this color on my black IS.
http://www.colexusclub.com/modules/gallery/albums/redline04/P7310412.sized.jpg

http://www.colexusclub.com/modules/gallery/albums/redline04/P7310411.sized.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.