Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Black interior will show the dust easily (and the dirt on the carpets) and will make your interior like an oven in the Summer (CarBQue).... IT looks nice though.... That's the trade off...
Eric..

·
Registered
343 Posts
I say silver with black interior.. it just seems a little sportier to me.. although I've never been a fan of like ivory/tan/beige interiors to begin with.. but if you can only get LSD with Ivory luxury package (which I believe is the case here in California).. then I'd have to say ivory interior..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does the lsd make that much of a difference when driving. i would think the trac control would be good enough.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Go with black leather. No question. Silver with the ivory interior just doesn't look right to me. Besides, I've had cars with light colored interiors before and they are more difficult to keep clean than black.

Ivory looks fine with black, SBM, IJM and white, but if you choose silver or yellow, you gotta have the black interior (with yellow, of course, you don't have a choice).

- Mr. Moonlight

------------------
Silver w/ black leather; moonroof; polished graphite wheels

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i actually have seen a silver/ivory, and it didnt seem that bad. but looks like silver and black is the way to go. so its gonna be approx 22 hours until i go pick it up. yeah baby!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Come on now this is a no brainer -

Silver / Black.

But I have LSD on my Silver / Black so not sure what I would have done if I couldn't get the Silver / Black with LSD.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well, my LS400 is silver with black interior, and I really like that color combination. The interior doesnt get very dirty, you have to be careful of shoe scuffs. Its also not that hot in the summer, I was surprised. Get the black, silver and cream looks odd.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
343 Posts
Genius,

I think of the Trac control more as a safety feature and the LSD as a performance feature.. thats how I see it.. but of course, I can't speak from personal experience because I've never had a car with traction control nor have I had a car with a viscous LSD..

[From TEG:
FYI - the IS300 has an optional "Torsen" (tm) LSD, not a viscous unit... ]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited November 05, 2000).]

·
Registered
65 Posts
Black is the only way to go. I don't use leather cleaner, just the conditioner.

Also, tinting-wise, the black interior will make your tint look darker.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Dude this is a no brainer answer. Actual I was very shocked to see that LEXUS offered the tan interior with the SILVER. Come on. Everyone knows that black goes with silver.

Look at the Oakland Raiders. Question answered, done. On to the next topic.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Ivory with silver really isn't that bad. I used to be really set on getting a silver with black interior, but I wanted the LSD. I ended up calling a bunch of dealers out of state and was planning to have it trucked here, but I caved in when my local dealer called me up and said there was a silver/ivory with LSD that just arrived.

I've gotten rather used to the ivory interior. It keeps the car nice and cool on sunny days and doesn't really get dirty that easily. It also makes the car look a little more luxurious.

--k

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
12 Participants
chiem
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing