Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMFG .... car feels 100x faster!
Boost is much quicker and much more linear and smooth to 10psi.
Car is loud as hell though :(

I ordered my HKS Carbon Ti canister for new exhaust.

·
Registered
387 Posts
damn rich.. you told me last week your were done modding...

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not modding... correcting. after that "shameful" dyno run.... I had to address the bottlenecks in my setup. Im just making what I have run at100%.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
Not modding... correcting. after that "shameful" dyno run.... I had to address the bottlenecks in my setup. Im just making what I have run at100%.
What did you dyno at Rich?

·
Registered
387 Posts
oh yeah never found out from you, what did you run on the dyno??

·
Registered
387 Posts
Damn Jr beat me by a second..

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lets just say its not worth mentioning (248rwhp at 8psi thru the silencer)... but if TSop posts the video it sure looks and sounds pretty :lol:

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
uploading the video right now...

Rich, dont be so bashful, it was actually 253 rwhp! :approve:

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
glad to hear you got the hks. the carbon-ti sounds incredible. did the silencer really make that much of a noise difference? your car was incredibly quiet, just wonderign if you still got the sleeper sound going on

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mikefate said:
glad to hear you got the hks. the carbon-ti sounds incredible. did the silencer really make that much of a noise difference? your car was incredibly quiet, just wonderign if you still got the sleeper sound going on

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Sleeper no more.. my car sounded like isman's car on the way to work! but was blazing fast.... and I do mean blazing fast.

I honestly think I picked up another 70-80rwhp cause just the response of the car and the super fast and linear movement of the boost gauge. It was very jumpy before like it would jump from 5psi to 7psi to 10psi.

Now when I give the car gas.... it just smoothly but quickly moves from -10PSI to 10PSI. Needless to say I was very happy!

I will adjust a few more things and the next free dyno event :) I'll dyno again.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Sleeper no more.. my car sounded like isman's car on the way to work! but was blazing fast.... and I do mean blazing fast.

I honestly think I picked up another 70-80rwhp cause just the response of the car and the super fast and linear movement of the boost gauge. It was very jumpy before like it would jump from 5psi to 7psi to 10psi.

Now when I give the car gas.... it just smoothly but quickly moves from -10PSI to 10PSI. Needless to say I was very happy!

I will adjust a few more things and the next free dyno event :) I'll dyno again.
Wow that's a real good amount of increase from just removing the silencer!

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:

cool. now you can come help me install my turbo

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
mikefate said:
cool. now you can come help me install my turbo
I want to turbocharge my IS :(

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
[QUOTE='03IntensaBlueBeast]I want to turbocharge my IS :([/QUOTE]

lets do it

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
[QUOTE='03IntensaBlueBeast]I want to turbocharge my IS :([/QUOTE]

do it JR so that next time a cop steps on the highway you'd be too fast for him to point you out.........

...wait for some reason that just doesnt make sense to me...sorry still recovering from the liquid enjoyment from the weekend.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just redid the lighting in my garage..... and it will become a great workshop this winter... I added tons of flourescent lights & Im installing Auxillary HEAT LAMPS (like in ur showers) .... to keep it nice and warm in the winter to do "turbo installs"

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
whitetezza said:
do it JR so that next time a cop steps on the highway you'd be too fast for him to point you out.........

...wait for some reason that just doesnt make sense to me...sorry still recovering from the liquid enjoyment from the weekend.
My next mod is gonna be a custom crash bar w/ the matching winch.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts