Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today was the day where i decided to finally do my sidemarker/blinker led mod...

ive only seen 2 people do this so far and they only used 3 LEDs and i wanted to be different so i used four...

what mark anthony's write up doesnt tell you is that if you have very big hands this mod is damn near impossible...if you dont have an asian girlfriend with tiny hands, you need one...i wouldnt have been able to finish this without her...haha

well heres pics....i was too busy driving tonight to take night shots...but i was able to catch them in the reflection of other cars and they are bright as hell...

i was considering doing another DIY that is a lot easier to do, but ahh forget it...

and sorry....now i realize that my pics arent great..ill take more tomorrow

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
NICE....I want some of that...I might do white leds though lol. I already have clear side markers with hyper white bulbs...if I get pulled over...oh well.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OKCIS said:
is it just me or are your lights unlevel in a very bad way
way to rain on my parade.... :(

i practiced the drilling on my old sidemarkers and youd be suprised how hard it is...haha...in mark anthonys pics it makes it look like you have A LOT of room to drill holes in the sidemarker, but its really not much room at all, and the drill bit kept hitting the double sided tape and throwing it off...this isnt that easy of a mod haha....so yeah...theres one LED that is a bit lower than the others....

when i can scrounge up another 30 bucks, ill re do them....

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
i practiced the drilling on my old sidemarkers and youd be suprised how hard it is...haha...in mark anthonys pics it makes it look like you have A LOT of room to drill holes in the sidemarker, but its really not much room at all, and the drill bit kept hitting the double sided tape and throwing it off...this isnt that easy of a mod haha....so yeah...theres one LED that is a bit lower than the others....

Great tool to invest in is a hole punch, then drill or smaller bit to begin with

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^ i did use a smaller bit to begin with, but it has to eventually get to a 1/4" hole...

oh well....it only looks off if your looking for mistakes in it....it looks fine otherwise...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Why do you need small hands....trust me i have big hands and did this with no problem....did you remove your headlights like the first step of the DIY says??? I thought my instuctions were pretty good myself....Oh well looks good

Mark Anthony

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^i didnt pull the headlights...the other guy that did this said he didnt have to pull the headlights and that the blinker wire was easy to get to once the LED wire is out there, which it was....

when i say small hands, just saying that it literally took my girlfriend like 15 seconds to run a wire from the fender to the headlight and from fender to ground....its not necessary, just easier....

and your instructions are good, just the part about running wires confused me...other than that they were great....

and i might have to send you some sidemarkers to drill for me...haha...your look so straight hahah....

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Looks good and I didn't notice the imperfections in the LED :bigSmile:

I used to do a lot of LED DIY things with other cars, never with this one though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts