Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any1 get same like this ? I dont know why my 2001 Is300's side mirros are always hot. It never turn off. Is that a problem from my IS ? or this is original thing ? I really confused.

·
Registered
975 Posts
nsb234 said:
Any1 get same like this ? I dont know why my 2001 Is300's side mirros are always hot. It never turn off. Is that a problem from my IS ? or this is original thing ? I really confused.
Do you leave it parked so the sun faces it?

JK.

The mirrors have a built in defrost/defogger. i'm not sure if that makes it hot, but I'm pretty sure it does. Not sure if it is on all the time either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, It's really problem, Can you check out with your IS. Is Yours turn on the heat all the time ?

:( :(

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
mine used to be like that, too. haven't checked lately, though. it's for defrosting and i heard it is supposed to be always on

·
Registered
148 Posts
The 2001 IS heated mirrors are on all the time. For 2002, they only go on with the defroster or something like that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
8) Many thanks, bro. I feel better now. It means there's no trouble with the wire like the guy in service centre told me. God blesses him :)

·
8,880 Posts
bobo said:
The 2001 IS heated mirrors are on all the time. For 2002, they only go on with the defroster or something like that.
I concur.
Back in the days, when only 2001 model was available, some did a mod where a switch would turn on/off the heated mirrors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts