Lexus IS Forum banner

Side Mirror tilt issue

11K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  01 SolarYellow 
#1 ·
Does anyone else have issues with their mirror settings not returning to the exact possition it was set in memory for? Every third or fourth time I put my car into reverse, when the mirrors tilt back up, they do not go back to the possition they were before tilting down while in reverse.

Anyone? Anyone>?

#2 ·
My car does not have this issue but perhaps I am not as pickey as you. Honestly I have not paid much attention to such things.

I do change the seat position often. The mirrors will adjust in all four directions so that it can accuratly find is normal (Home) setting for the driver's preset. I don't believe that this is also done when the mirror tilt back up after vehcile has shifted from reverse into another gear.

#3 ·
I say this because if I I hit the memory button after a reverse the mirrors are once again where they should be. It's an obvious change. i'm not that picky....my old car worked just fine and this car was finr for the past 8 months. It just recently started having this issue.

#5 ·
If something changed then maybe you should have a look at the mirror. Did some dirt or other debris get behind the mirror and is making it harder to move? Is the folding part of the mirror fully pulled out and in the lock position? Does the mirror make a different sound now?

Just some suggestions. I hope that it is a simple issue to resolve.

Regards,

#8 ·
The Lexus dealership looked at it and they mentioned that this only happened to the older LS model so this is the first IS they've seen with this issue. The mirror is on ordered and they will replace it in a few days when the part gets in.

#9 ·
Hi, I am experiencing the same problem and no luck with me as the warranty period is over for my 2007 IS250awd. Has any one found a quick fix for this?.
When i put mine on reverse it tilts but not all the way down at times.
it seems that when i initially set it, it is fine but after i drive around then i put on reverse when parking... it tilts but not all the way as I saw when i initially set it. Also when it comes back it does not look like its how i set it the first place.
thanks

#10 ·
Same here, it never does it when at the dealer of course. Temperamental it seems, it doesn't tilt all the way down and doesn't return to the preset memory position. This happens a lot sometimes and other times works fine.

#11 ·
I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. It sure can be annoying. Ever since they replaced my mirror in June 2008, it has been working fine the past few years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.