Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone was familiar with the legality of deleting the oem front side markers altogether (i.e. with a full bumper replacement that don't contian side markers, such as L-Sportline, etc.) I have read threads which discuss lens and bulb color changes (and how that could get you in trouble with certain police or state inspectors). But I haven't seen anything regarding the absence of them altogether.

Has anybody with bumper replacenents had any problems with state laws, or have you had to make headlight modifications to show the amber markers? Thanks for the help.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
it's technically illegal because our headlights don't have a reflector in them. However, if you get a JDM blinker on the side of the fender, you'll be fine.

I've had mine like this and have had no problems.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Sophie. I've seen pix with the fender markers, but didn't know if they were yellow enough to pass state. Good idea.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Soph is right, my buddy works at a shop and he said one of the dudes there is a dick and won't pass your car if it doesn't have all the lights from the factory.

I have had mine like this for 2yrs now (Lsportline kit) and I've had no problems getting a sticker, and no cop has ever pulled me over and busted my ballz about it.....even when I got a ticket. So I wouldn't worry, its no big deal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx all. I think I am going to go with the LSportline front, but didn't want to screw with the headlights (not having a reflector) 'cause I want to keep mine with the grayed out base and HID. :)

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
isthrizzy said:
Soph is right, my buddy works at a shop and he said one of the dudes there is a dick and won't pass your car if it doesn't have all the lights from the factory.

I have had mine like this for 2yrs now (Lsportline kit) and I've had no problems getting a sticker, and no cop has ever pulled me over and busted my ballz about it.....even when I got a ticket. So I wouldn't worry, its no big deal.
you comin to the meet honkey? Check the northeast forum

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
when you go in for an inspection, tape one of those goofy looking reflectors on the side of the car. then take it off after you get the certification.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts