Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Dude,

Don't say that too loud on this board.
There are alot of I dare to say Young Guys here that LOVE That Look.

We're not one of them!

41yr Male + 40yr Female....

------------------
JUSTIN & DENISE C. OWNERS OF THE ONE-OF-A-KIND IS300

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Originally posted by SpectraBlueIS300:
smra,
uh...by saying that, you just proved how old you really are
When webguyIS says that the video is "sick" he means it as a good thing. You might wanna check out this dictionary of slang terms to understand us "Young Guys": http://bfa.hypermart.net/terms.html
smra was referring to the term "ricey"

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
By the way - that video has been on the net for a long time and has been posted here on is300.net many times.

Still nice though... I like the way the driver looks so calm and in control even though the car is all over the track.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by TEG:
I like the way the driver looks so calm and in control even though the car is all over the track.
Haha, tell me about it. Those crazy Japanese! =P

BTW, I didn't mean ricey in any offending manor, just IMO I wouldn't Lexus-ize my Altezza, kinda like sticking a Type-R badge on my Civic (bleh!).

------------------
2k EBP Civic SI
Working on an IS300 lease...
http://webguy.dcaff.com

·
Registered
591 Posts
Originally posted by SpectraBlueIS300:
smra,
uh...by saying that, you just proved how old you really are
When webguyIS says that the video is "sick" he means it as a good thing. You might wanna check out this dictionary of slang terms to understand us "Young Guys": http://bfa.hypermart.net/terms.html
Laugh Out Loud!

Im sure you're right!

------------------
JUSTIN & DENISE C. OWNERS OF THE ONE-OF-A-KIND IS300

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well why not, I mean they did put in the 2JZ-GE engine in that car, and then turbocharge it. So why not call it a Lexus? I plan on putting Altezza and Toyota emblems on my IS300 when I get it.

------------------
Patrick
1989 Camry 5-speed
Mods: Suspension, intake, exhaust, stereo, interior
The ImportMania Performance Page
http://importspeed.net/importmania
"Because deep down, we all want a Type R sticker and coffee cans on our tailpipes." :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Originally posted by TEG:
Who says that car has the 2JZ-GE? I thought it was still a 4cyl... (but with much turbo boost)
My mistake, I have this video saved on my computer, as well as a text file translating what is said in the video. The engine is a 1JZ-series engine, 2.5L I6 used in the MarkII, Soarer, and Chaser. Now whether they used the 1JZ-GTE turbo engine or the 1JZ-GE and added the turbo, I don't know. But they did say that the 3S-GE was underpowered for the car, which is why they did the transplant. They also said the cost of the conversion was about US$10,000. I'm gussing they put the Lexus badges on it because it's more like a US-spec car with an I6, but I guess it would be an IS250?

------------------
Patrick
1989 Camry 5-speed
Mods: Suspension, intake, exhaust, stereo, interior
The ImportMania Performance Page
http://importspeed.net/importmania
"Because deep down, we all want a Type R sticker and coffee cans on our tailpipes." :D

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
one word/questio....., WHY??

Patrick89 wrote:
<snip> I plan on putting Altezza and Toyota
emblems on my IS300 when I get it<snip>.

I plan on putting Altezza and Toyota
emblems on my IS300 when I get it.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
was it me, or was the video played at a speed that is faster than how long it actually took place in real life, that would explain why they all sounded like chipmunks, and how the car *looked* so out of control, but always stayed in control.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
That was pretty cool... Imagine if they could squeeze some bettetr traction out of that setup? It seemed like the car was all over the place (too much throttle) abd could benefit from some ground effects or downforce...
Anyone notice the tires smoking from hitting the edge of the wheel well? ;-)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thank you Thank you!

I have decided to add some serious HP to my car now. No more Fu*king around.

------------------
01'IS300 Black/Black
RMM Intake/Exhaust
18x7.5 SSR GT1
Tein HA w/pillow mounts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Originally posted by s0yb0mb:
That was pretty cool... Imagine if they could squeeze some bettetr traction out of that setup? It seemed like the car was all over the place (too much throttle) abd could benefit from some ground effects or downforce...
Anyone notice the tires smoking from hitting the edge of the wheel well? ;-)
I noticed that too. Twice I saw the front wheel hit the top of the wheel well and was smoking when the car cornered..The car looked pretty low too. Also looked like 18inch wheels.Still looks real phat, but I doubt your tires would last more than a day driving like that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
17 Participants
vvtipwr
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing