Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be driving then when i come to a stop my car shuts off. But it usualy happens when I'm cruising on the highway for awhile and then I come to a stop. I'm had the dbw bypass but i took it off because of throttle problems. Also this morning I started my car and it idle like it was already warm. So when i pushed the throttle it only would start reving up when i was half way down. I had to reset me ecu. Does anyone have Any advice.

·
Registered
243 Posts
You mean your idle jumps around after it warms up and then dies if u don't give it some gas?

Any now your going into limp mode cause you screwed around with the throttle?

Hmm, make sure you didn't mess with the throttle plate set screw and put it back into the original position if u did. After you get that fixed you have a few options to fix your idle.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a haltec f10x and it is tuned. It doesn't jump around it will all of a sudden shut off with no hesitation. But i kinda knew about the throttle screw and the limp mode i was just double checking. I changed the dbw back 4 months ago. But I'm just now having problems.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Its unlikely the alternator is bad. I have never seen one go bad on a Toyota, even if the car has a system. I'm with sunburn; check your throttle plate screw and adjust it if necessary.

Kill

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its unlikely the alternator is bad. I have never seen one go bad on a Toyota, even if the car has a system. I'm with sunburn; check your throttle plate screw and adjust it if necessary.

Kill
I will check that. Also when I was sitting at a gas station today waiting on some friends it just shut off, It was idleing perfect with no problems and shut off just like i turned it off.

Would that be cause of the throttle plate screw?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
That's odd. Usually the engine will struggle and die, simply because it's not recieving the air it needs. Just shutting off like that... Do you have an aftermarket alarm or turbo timer?

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
it may not be the alternator, but it may be the wire that goes from the alternator to the fuse box.. it could be corroded.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a blitz turbo timer. I changed my alternator 2 weeks ago. I did see that the wire that hooks up to the alternator was corroded,I tried to clean it as good as possible but it still shuts off.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my problem is fixed. I noticed it was only happening when i pushed in my clutch. So I looked behind my clutch and my haltec harness came apart from the zip tie and my clutch was rubbing some of the wires raw. So when i pushed in my clutch it would short out the wires. Thats not a good thing but its all good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts