Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an '02 IS300. I've got two JL 12W3s and an amp just laying around from my previous car. I'm looking for some input on some experience you guys have had. Like, how did you end up positioning you subs to get the best sounding bass.
I'm all about SQ and am considering pointing both JLs through the ski-pass.

I need some more ideas, post your systems!
(Including door/deck speakers)

Edit: Before anyone posts, I did search, and found some good ones but those threads were outdated with dead links. I want to consolidate this

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
We haven't had one of these threads in a while. I'm happy to contribute/whore pics of mine :rolleyes:

Eclipse 8445

Focal 165V1 components with tons of sound deadener to seal the doors :)

Precision Power 600.4 on the rear seat before my current sub setup.

4 Tang Band 6.5" subs in a 1 cube sealed box bolted to the rear deck......spectacular

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that's really creative, lol especially the paper towell roll haha.
Is this the JDM dashkit that everyone talks about?

·
Registered
432 Posts
oh man.. if you are getting a new deck...

It seems like a pain in the butt to get a new deck, which is why I still have the stock HU... I have navigation so it's like a pain in the butt x10 because the navi is hooked up to the stock HU

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Wow, that's really creative, lol especially the paper towell roll haha.
Is this the JDM dashkit that everyone talks about?
lol, that roll is a piece of dense foam I use for stretching before running. I just keep it in the trunk and stick it there so it doesn't roll around while I'm driving.

That's not the JDM dash kit. One day I'll drop the cash for that piece....one day

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, i'm not worried about putting the a new deck in... I'm worried about which dashkit looks best. Also a little worried about a good box.

·
Premium Member
25,468 Posts
Stylion... I wish I could hear your car... I'd bet it might even make me like Focal components a little bit....

You have any plans to go active with your front stage?? Three way?? You could get insane with the base you've laid down so far... IASCA nationals insane. IS300s are great cars for SQ competition.

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Stylion... I wish I could hear your car... I'd bet it might even make me like Focal components a little bit....

You have any plans to go active with your front stage?? Three way?? You could get insane with the base you've laid down so far... IASCA nationals insane. IS300s are great cars for SQ competition.
Thanks man. I doubt I'll go active or three way, I'm too satisfied with the system as it is :) I do need to deaden the doors a little more to keep the panels from resonating at certain frequencies.

I really would like to hit some bigger SQ competitions but I have no way of finding them.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
ive posted this before but i dont get to show it off very often. still in progress.

Reactions: lyk

·
Registered
432 Posts
yeh that's a pretty nice set up sanctfy, I would love it if you wanted to sell it <3
How did you do that anywho? anyways keep up the good work (like finish it) :lol:

·
Premium Member
25,468 Posts
Thanks man. I doubt I'll go active or three way, I'm too satisfied with the system as it is :) I do need to deaden the doors a little more to keep the panels from resonating at certain frequencies.

I really would like to hit some bigger SQ competitions but I have no way of finding them.
Keep an eye out on the elitcaraudio.com SQ Competitors forums. That's where al the top IASCA guys hang out. All the events are listed there well in advance.

There are at least half a dozen comps each season within 200 miles of you. About 20 comps per season within 500 miles of you.

However, you won't get far with passive 2-ways... even the rookie class guys are running full blown active systems with DSP, TA, and all the goodies. Although, if you're crafty enough with your speaker placement techniques to pull off a good passive 2-way setup... hey, you just might make some waves.

Gary Biggs was the last guy to run a passive 2-way... he did it in an early incarnation of his famed Regal.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Here's my system, its a 'works in progress'

Reactions: tha_littlest_insane

·
Premium Member
25,468 Posts
Your steering wheel is on the wrong side.

Jay-dee-eyummmm y0!!!!!

Are those DLS mids and Morel tweets??? Nice combo if so.... I love DLS mids but hate their tweets, and I love Morel tweets but hate their mids.

·
Registered
432 Posts
wowwaa nice... flipped the pictures? or are you from the other side of the world??

·
Premium Member
25,468 Posts
Yeah... he flipped the pictures and photochopped the deadpedal just to mess with you. :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
3,243 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
It's RHD guys, I come from a land down under :p

LYK that's the standard speaker trim in the Australian delivered IS300's I presumed you guys in the USA had them also?

Im running an Eclipse AVN 6000 H/U. DLS Nobelium 6.5" midranges & Tweets DLS Ultimate A3 Amp to run the JL10W7 in the moulded fibreglass sealed enclosure & DLS Ultimate A4 amps to run the Midranges...

I have used dynamat soudn deadening throughout and all stinger pro/expert cabling RCA's.

·
Banned
3,243 Posts
LYK that's the standard speaker trim in the Australian delivered IS300's I presumed you guys in the USA had them also?
Nope, at least not mine. Hey if you know someone that is selling them let me know pls. thx

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
certain years on up have the chrome speaker trim. mine has it. i don't know which year they started making them. you may be able to find them off some lexus oem parts website.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts