Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if someone has one started but if not lets get this one going. post up your front light pics and the mods.(halo,hid,bulb temp,type of headlights/fogs etc.....)

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well thats just headlight pics i want to see lights on set ups different bulb choices on our is's hid kits and such

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
Just get 8000K and call it a day. 10000K and up is to blue/purple and you start to lose brightness and can't see as well. 8000K has a good tint but is still bright enough to see well enough over stock. 6000K for just headlights really is i fyou dont want any blue but want a brighter look. It may have a smidgen of blue but thats all. Either you want blue, or you dont. or you want to see, or you dont. Pics will never do lighting justice. (most of the time)

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
Just get 8000K and call it a day. 10000K and up is to blue/purple and you start to lose brightness and can't see as well. 8000K has a good tint but is still bright enough to see well enough over stock. 6000K for just headlights really is i fyou dont want any blue but want a brighter look. It may have a smidgen of blue but thats all. Either you want blue, or you dont. or you want to see, or you dont. Pics will never do lighting justice. (most of the time)
You start losing bulb brightness at 6000K. In fact, I dumped my 6000K's because I couldn't stand not having the brightness, and I have bi-xenon projectors.

8000K is just stupid, and gets you equipment violations in the chicago area, especially local town cops that have nothing better to do. 8000K just BARELY have more lumens than a high wattage halogen. Color rendition and light diffraction are horrible as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts