Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. new owner question again.(sorry) but should the IS come with stock alarm, cuz mind aint working for shit. and if it doesnt come with stock alarm, usually how much does dealers charge to put on in. ( dont get it got the key remote shit but no alarm. what a bitch)

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
how have you verified that yours "aint working for shit"?

easiest way to verify is lower your drivers window, lock the car, and open the car door using the INSIDE door handle. If the alarm does not go off, then you indeed have a problem.

·
8,880 Posts
Read the manual...

All Lexuses come with OEM alarm system.
There is 60 sec arm delay. Lock the car and you will see led on the instrument cluster light up. Wait about 60 sec and it will start blinking, which means the alarm is engaged.

This vehicle is also equipped with engine immobilizer system which authenticates your key every time you start your car.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i noe that my alarm aint working or dont have one cuzz i lock the door and look at the ssecurity lite then i shake the car and hit it with my palm. nothing happen.

·
8,880 Posts
van48 said:
well i noe that my alarm aint working or dont have one cuzz i lock the door and look at the ssecurity lite then i shake the car and hit it with my palm. nothing happen.
For sure results, try baseball bat.

It has no shock sensor, hence no result shaking.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i just roll my window down and lock it. i waited 60sec, and open the door from the inside. aint shit happen. by the way how much to put sensors.

·
8,880 Posts
Keep in mind, stock alarm was designed by smart engineers, so it doesn't go off all the time.

Fine.
1) Roll your windows down.
2) Exit the vehicle.
3) Push the arm button on the remote.
4) Watch the led light up solid, then wait for it to start blinking.
5) Lean into the open window (driver side).
6) Pull on hood open lever.
7) Observe the alarm going off.
8) Repeat as necessary.

·
8,880 Posts
BTW, Where around from are you???
Describe your ride.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
You can break all your windows with the Alarm ON.... and nothing will happen...

But if you go to open any door, including the trunk & hood.. The horns will begin to beep loud and the lights will flash... If someone decides to cut the primary horns, there is a secondary horn for the alarm system in the engine bay...

Joe Z 8)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
vlad_a said:
BTW, Where around from are you???
Describe your ride.
i live in long beach ca
its the black and white car with red and blue lights on top. my friends are driving it around now wearing a costume. y dont you go hit the car and c if teh alarm works

thanx for the info guys but i think the alarm needs to b reprograms since the car doesnt go off when i tryed opening it from the inside

·
Registered
427 Posts
stock alarms lull you into a false sense of security.
drop 200 bucks, and get a real alarm installed.

I lost a bling headunit due to my trust in the stock alarm.

·
8,880 Posts
Good idea on the reprogramming. I suppose programs go haywire all the time and re-programming fixes them. We, the programmers, use it all the time. It's a little inside trick - if something doesn't work, we quickly reprogram it.

Go to your closest dealer and tell them that when you open the door alarm does not go off.

Sorry, had to get it out of my system...

Repeat the procedures I posted above, come back with an answer, or go to the dealer and stick to your door story.

P.S.
The reason I asked about your location and your car is that I know of one that the horn doesn't work on, but it would be nowhere near CA.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Joe Z said:
You can break all your windows with the Alarm ON.... and nothing will happen...

But if you go to open any door, including the trunk & hood.. The horns will begin to beep loud and the lights will flash... If someone decides to cut the primary horns, there is a secondary horn for the alarm system in the engine bay...

Joe Z 8)
So that's what that little horn by the clutch master cylinder is for! Thanks, I noticed that it never beeped with the remote, nor did it go off with the panic button along with the other horns. Thanks, I've always wondered what that was!

·
Registered
960 Posts
van48 said:
hey guys. new owner question again.(sorry) but should the IS come with stock alarm, cuz mind aint working for sh*t. and if it doesnt come with stock alarm, usually how much does dealers charge to put on in. ( dont get it got the key remote sh*t but no alarm. what a bitch)
What happens if you press and hold the lock/panic button for a few seconds? Normally this will set off the alarm remotely.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts