Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current set up is what is in my sig. Honestly... the car doesnt feel much different with all these NA parts, and i regret getting them. Does anyone know that if i get my SAFC tuned i will feel a $100-$150 worth it difference? or should i just leave it for now and save up for the good stuff :cool:

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Get a header and then tune.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
i agree with silver spd. only thing ur missing is headers. if you dont have y pipe, get a header for like $200-$300 used, its probably gona be the biggest HP gain out of all you boltons.

Hiper: probly 5hp
Intake: Dynoed at 7-9HP
HKS Cam: maybe 5-10HP
Headers: Usually 10-15.

THEN TUNE THE SAFC. with all that, you could probably be well over 200RWHP. id put $50 down that when u tune tthe cam and SAFC after u get headers, youd be somewhere between 210 and 215.

=D

best of luck
-Aaron

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
^^ what he said. Get a header and then tune.

You basically did all the small N/A upgrades without doing the upgrade that gives you the most bang for your buck...the header.

I don't think you'll regret it after getting the header and then tuning, you'll feel a pretty good difference with the butt dyno.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i always thuoght the headers would do the least... mah bad

edit- thanks guys

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any one of you felt headers with and without a y pipe?.... i like low end power, you guys think i shud go for it?

·
Registered
277 Posts
i was thinking of the same thing if it would be worth it. but i dynoed mine today and picked up 20 whp. i think dollar for dollar that was my best improvement yet and i had already street tuned it with wideband

·
Registered
238 Posts
i have the toyomoto header and y-pipe with an HKS dragerII exhaust and the joe-z intake, and im giong to get the K&N filter and just with those bolt-ons i feel a big difference. so try that out

·
Registered
372 Posts
i agree with what the people above have said...get the header...then get it tuned...i noticed my biggest difference after my friend semi-tuned my car...much bigger than any aftermarket engine part that i ever bought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts