My 18's:

The ones I'm thinking about switching to:

Both are hypersilver.

Or these:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well from what I understand Rota is a much more reputable brand than Exel, but regardless, I'm talking about looks alone.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Tough call, I do like the new ones better though. Not feeling the current setup for some reason.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My question is would the new ones look as big as the 18's I currently have, I don't want them to look small like I notice some people's 18's do. :(

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Looks looks looks :(

The new ones will look smaller because the spokes are uniform in width.

Just take your money and do something worth-while with it.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks is almost everything to me, lol. I'm afraid that the C5 knock-offs are going to look smaller as well.

What about these:

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
I say leave the ones that you have on the car, and put $$ towards boost

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
The C5 Replica (new ones) will look smaller because the spokes do not extend all the way out to the outer lip like your old wheels.
If I had to chose between the two, I'd take the second (new) choice. The current set doesn't do it for me. But hey, it's your car! Happy Modding! :approve:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Dude, your current wheels look huge for being 18's, i'd keep, them if i were you... But if you decide to sell i'll take them...

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
I like the Excels.. for all those that bag on cheap wheels, do you judge a wheel by the cost? or the looks? or the performance aspect of them? Those that say, save your money and buy real wheels, give an example of how much? I notice those that say this are mostly all show and no go.. don't get me wrong, IMPRIMIS you have a nice looking MSM, MrMark: your car is exotic, but when you tell someone, save your money and buy real wheels, what do you mean? There's that set of wheels that are expensive but are banned due to quality, is it HRE's or something? So expensive wheels don't necessarily mean better wheels. I've seen some light race wheels but they look plain and ugly, but they are a grip.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
For what its worth, I really like your current set up and WOULD NOT spend money for either of those. Current looks better IMO

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
i had exels..i dont hate them, i loved the way they looked on my car...
its just...the style ur picking, the ones that u already have on ur car look better...

exel ennios i tihnk are the all time favorites of exels here...

but, to each his own.

if u like them, then just slap'em on!

-Aaron

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
I like the Excels.. for all those that bag on cheap wheels, do you judge a wheel by the cost? or the looks? or the performance aspect of them? Those that say, save your money and buy real wheels, give an example of how much? I notice those that say this are mostly all show and no go.. don't get me wrong, IMPRIMIS you have a nice looking MSM, MrMark: your car is exotic, but when you tell someone, save your money and buy real wheels, what do you mean? There's that set of wheels that are expensive but are banned due to quality, is it HRE's or something? So expensive wheels don't necessarily mean better wheels. I've seen some light race wheels but they look plain and ugly, but they are a grip.

I never said anything about buying a "real" wheel

:lol:

I like the ROTA's that he has :cool:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts