Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
if you paint it the color of your car...as in the same paint and stuff, wouldn't it like melt under the extreme hot condition?

just my .o2.

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
yea call them up and find out.

also ask if they have hi temp caliper clear coat to make it glossy and last longer.

are you also putting decals on them?

·
Registered
833 Posts
i just used VHT. im sure they have silver.. it will look matching but i doubt you can get it to match perfectly. only cost $5 a bottle and lasts and holds long :) good luck brian

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi im arie said:
i just used VHT. im sure they have silver.. it will look matching but i doubt you can get it to match perfectly. only cost $5 a bottle and lasts and holds long :) good luck brian

thx Arie, yea i will ask the shop tomorrow. i know they make matches color as ur car, but not sure about if they can stand the heat of not... i will ask. thx tho +rep! do u still need the 3m tape???

·
Registered
833 Posts
umm not sure about the doubled sided tape anymore... to debadge all.. keep the altezza or put back the L hahaha still decided .. ill let yah know when i need it

·
Registered
547 Posts
Definitely one thing to consider is with any "light" color calipers you're going to have to clean them a lot for them to look respectable or they'll look seriously like shit.

sISp

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
if you use an off the shelf high temp spray, id also clear coat it or it wont be very high gloss, and it also will be easier to clean if you clear it

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I used the silver G2 caliper paint to "match" my MSM. It looks close enough. Plus after 2 years I've stopped looking at my calipers. :lol:
Here's an old picture sorry about the quality.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My IS300 is MSM and I used G2 silver from Eastwood on the calipers. http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=558&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=558
The G2 is an epoxy paint and will last much longer than the spray can versions. I applied 3 coats.

I used VHT high temp caliper paint in cast aluminum color, that I got from Autozone, on the rotors.
Spray the VHT into the cap and use a brush to apply. Use a rubber glove so the spray doesn't coat your hand while filling the cap.

I purchased a set of black stickers from this site and applied them to the calipers when
the G2 was dry to the touch.

Final finish was with 3 light coats of VHT clear high temp engine enamel that I also picked up at Autozone.

Prep work was done with simple green and a scrub brush followed by
another cleaning with simple green and a wire brush to remove any loose rust.

Stock wheels and brakes look awesome!

Reactions: 01MsMIS

·
Registered
216 Posts
baadhabit said:
painting them MSM will look stock. so whats the point?
Cleans up the green zinc oxide and orange rotor rust.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts