Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in a car accident 4 months ago and TODAY I should be getting my car back (long story, don't ask, good thing I live across the street from my school.)

So basically for the last 4 months my car has been sitting around undriven. Now, I know that they had to pull the engine from the car to repair some of the frame damage. I don't know what this process entails, so I'm not sure if they had to replace or do anything to the engine oil while they were doing this.

Assuming the oil wasn't changed during the engile pull out, should I go get an oil change once I get my car back?

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
dumbass, why woudl they do something like that??? The damn VIN is tacked onto the block anyhow :roll:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it must be less than a 1000 miles since my last oil change. I faintly remember being pissed because I had JUST dished out the money for the 15k service right before this happening.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
i wouldn't change it then, but consider bumping up your next change by 1000 miles... an idle engine can corrode slightly while in storage or whatever, so although the oil is fine, it may get dirty quickly... I'd go another 1-2k miles and then change it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
s0yb0mb
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing