Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, heres the deal: I can get a used white IS but its e-shift and I was really looking forward to getting a manual car, so I can either get this (maybe the only way for me to get a IS300 here in the colour I want for a good price) or wait and look for a BMW 325i or ci in manual. Any advice??? Thanks!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Well, if it's a manual you really want then wait for it. I have e-shift but test drove the manual. It's a lot nicer in my opinion. I only went with the e-shift because at the time I thought I needed it, now I don't. Besides, MTs tend to put more power down to the wheels.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
don't get a 325....it's not a real beemer with that small engine. if you want m/t, don't get the eshift, it's that easy. if you wait long enough, the perfect car will show up

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
A car is a big investment so you should really get what you want. Don't "settle" for something that you're going to pay $30,000 for.

·
8,880 Posts
Wait and get the manual. :shame:
It is as simple as that.
If you are so concerned about a deal that you're willing to buy an e-shift,
I'm sure your dealer will be more than happy to sell you manual for the price of e-shift (2002+). :lol: :crazy:
Just wait long enough. It's worth it.
Many people, including myself, have gotten e-shift when it came out in 2001 and eventually traded it in for a manual. 8)

·
Registered
666 Posts
First, JDM said it right. Do not settle for a car. If your paying that much for a car, get the exact car you want.

Second, the bimmer is not all that bad. If there is a possiblity of driving one, take it out for a test drive. That is the only way to tell if thats the car you want. You should test drive any car you are even thinking of getting. Its not really a good decision to buy a car just because of the looks. You should also love the way it drives.

Third, most people on this board do not like BMW's. So this board might be a little biased. I am going to order a 325ci in the next month or so. The BMW manual IMO is a better driving stick than the IS. People here will tell you that the 325i/ci is slower, and it is, but not by a whole lot. Plus the gas mileage is much better in the BMW, while that remains a big complaint of many IS owners.

so go out and test drive all the cars you want to.... then make your decision.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help guys

I already have a automatic 2002 BMW 330i so in terms of BMW I love the handling and ride so I really just want a manual one (the reason behind wanting a second BMW) so I really have nothing against it but I've always just been in love with the IS300 so I'm trying to think this out. I've only tested the e-shift and the dealer said it would be really hard to get a manual....

·
Registered
666 Posts
^^^

Well, you wont get the same handling in the IS. Thats one thing you can be assured of. You will probably have to go into aftermarket products to get a similar ride to it.

Im afraid to drive the 330ci, cause I know the second I drive it, ill lay down the extra cash for it... so ill just stick witht he 325ci :D

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
The auto can be cool.

But Manual all the way, its more spirited, fun, controlled and easier to upgrade tranny's if you ever plan to down the road for serious power.

Wait for the car, dont settle, you will regret it with all your life.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts