Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was the first day I could roll my windows down after they've been tinted. Here is a pic of what EVERY window looks like. At the top......its a mess........curvy top, jagged edge..but you can't tell when its rolled up, but it looks cheap when down....

(image 19, 20 & 21)

Here is the tint job on the passport at our house.......this is what a tint job SHOULD look like

(image02 and 03)

Is this a good beef or no?
PHOTOS

[ May 29, 2001: Message edited by: mattssi ]

·
Registered
449 Posts
Originally posted by triz:
Get it re-done! Its definetely noticeable...didnt even cut it straight.
I agree, get it redone they shoud have gotten as close to the edge of the window. Bad shop, what state r u in? I wouyld never go to a place like that.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in Michigan.....

Don't laugh too hard, but I went to ziebart auto glass........i mean, thats what they specialize in.......I figured they would do well......they did a buddy of mine's car too and it looks nice. I guess I'll bring him those pictures I took and show them what I need.

Oh, when I called to complain today, they told me to bring it up there and they'll see what they can do. He says its cut by a machine so he don't know how it can be jagged.....

Uh........did he see it when he put the friggin crap on?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
20% all the way around.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Take it back, that job sucks

[ May 29, 2001: Message edited by: EGO ]

·
Registered
449 Posts
He says its cut by a machine so he don't know how it can be jagged.....

Uh........did he see it when he put the friggin crap on?[/QB][/QUOTE]

Bulls*#t, not cut by a machine. He has guys cutting it from a stock sheet of tint, w/ an exacto knife or razor blade. They usually will past the stock tint to the outside window and trace around and try to get as close to the border, then install it into the inside of the glass. Must have had a crappy tint man on that hour.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i've cut window tint with just a blade and it comes out even better than that. i would be very suprised if their tint cutting machine is not 'tracking' the window tint properly.

how does the rear window look?

Originally posted by mattssi:
Today was the first day I could roll my windows down after they've been tinted. Here is a pic of what EVERY window looks like. At the top......its a mess........curvy top, jagged edge..but you can't tell when its rolled up, but it looks cheap when down....

(image 19, 20 & 21)

Here is the tint job on the passport at our house.......this is what a tint job SHOULD look like

(image02 and 03)

Is this a good beef or no?
PHOTOS

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Some pieces of window tint are pre-cut, but sometimes they cut it INSIDE the car. I had a dude install tint on my old Accord, he did it in an hour in my work parking lot for $120, looked AWESOME. He was the man, lifetime warranty too!

Take that sh!t back, don't let them jerk you around about not gettin it fixed either. That's just poor work.

·
Registered
458 Posts
No offens but dude that is a no brainer get it redone! Thatis really a piss poor job. If you were going to be happy with a job like that you could have gone to an Autozone and bought a roll o' tint and done a better job yourself. I mean the whole point of getting done by a pro is to get the whole windoe as close to the edge as possible on the whole window not some wavy edge like what they are trying to pawn off on you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
i would never let a person cut window tint from the inside of the vehicle, especially the rear window. the defroster lines can be severed, razor marks on inside window gaskets. i even saw a 'professional' tinter cut pieces of window gasket from a mercedes benz s600.

tint is 'always' cut from the outside of the window, and you should always insist on having a 1 piece rear tint too. yes, i know there are some vehicles that require 2 pieces, but if the tinter is good, they'll heat shrink it to the compound curves of the window.
Originally posted by webguyIS:
Some pieces of window tint are pre-cut, but sometimes they cut it INSIDE the car. I had a dude install tint on my old Accord, he did it in an hour in my work parking lot for $120, looked AWESOME. He was the man, lifetime warranty too!

Take that sh!t back, don't let them jerk you around about not gettin it fixed either. That's just poor work.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I took my car back,...they had this huge machine that cut the tint out for my car. He said it is really bad and he understands. They will redo all 4 windows....by hand like he usually does. So thats cool.

I didn't ge tmy moonroof tinted, as it is already dark enough for me!

·
Registered
10 Posts
i've got a machine that 'cuts' vinyl for vinyl graphics and the results are quite smooth. this machine is similar to the machine he uses to cut window tint. there are basically 2 ways the tint came out poorly, poor tint tracking or bad image.

still, wouldn't the tinter realize how poorly the tint was cut?

Originally posted by mattssi:
I took my car back,...they had this huge machine that cut the tint out for my car. He said it is really bad and he understands. They will redo all 4 windows....by hand like he usually does. So thats cool.

I didn't ge tmy moonroof tinted, as it is already dark enough for me!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts