Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering the possibility of getting an 2002 manual is300 due to the limited production (15%?). Does that mean we have to purchase the manual when it first come out or it would be gone???
or we would have to wait until next year where more is produced? or we have to do an special order?

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Trust me.... it is all Dealer HYPE! dont give that 15% crap a second thought they gonna be beggin us to buy a manual by November! I remember when I fell for that hurry hurry it not gonna last line last summer when I bought my IS
Boy, have I learned.

Dont worry once you got $$$ t ospend the dealership will search hi and lo for a manual for you to please you and get ur business. Take my humble advice

·
Registered
675 Posts
BigDaddyRich,

The 15% production is not hype. For the 2002 model year 15.6% of IS Production will be manual trans. Keep in mind that this is spread throughout the whole model year.

Toyota is, and always has been sceptical about the demand for a manual transmission in the US. It took us years to convince them to bring the manual IS to the states. In the end we got the 5 speed instead of the 6 speed.

If demand is high, there will be a shortage. If not, they'll be sitting on the lots.

I am happy with the pricing on the manual. $1,400 less than the automatic. Good move.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Derekb
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing