Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
So I am new to the IS world and was hoping to get some info from some of you experts. I currently drive an E39 5 series, and being back in school full time, I can't keep up with the maintenance on it, and was hoping to find a solid sporty rwd car, so I am looking at an IS. I am going to be shopping for an 02-04 manual trans, and was wondering about model year specs and if there is anything I should look for.
First and foremost, I want the LSD. Was this offered on all model years? And if so, is it part of a package, or is it a single option?
Secondly, I need to have leather. I know some models are leather/alcantara, and some full leather, and I believe I have even seen a cloth model. Does this depend on year?
Is a sunroof option part of a package?
Any differences in model year 02-04? I am pretty certain there were some updates in 04, but unsure of what they were. I also want to know when they switched over to the 9 spoke or 11 spoke (whichever they are) wheels? I personally much prefer the original 5 spoke wheels.
Any common issues I should be looking for?
And is there a list somewhere of interior and exterior color options per year?
I think that is all. For now. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
No LSD in 01 or manual tranny. The 2jz-ge engine that is in all IS300's is an awesome and reliable engine. o1' only had the leather/escaine (suede stuff), might have had the sh*tty cloth too but who knows and who cares about the cloth

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
They have the 5 spoke all years. The multi spoke ones where sportdesign which is a special edition. There are small cosmetic changes every 2 years or so

·
Registered
236 Posts
No LSD in 01 or manual tranny. The 2jz-ge engine that is in all IS300's is an awesome and reliable engine. o1' only had the leather/escaine (suede stuff), might have had the sh*tty cloth too but who knows and who cares about the cloth
just making sure he knows you meant no manual tranny in an 01 not no LSD in the manual. sorry i was confused at first

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just making sure he knows you meant no manual tranny in an 01 not no LSD in the manual. sorry i was confused at first
Yeah, I knew what he meant, but thanks. I know there was no manual tranny or lsd in 01. It would be quite ridiculous if they offered the lsd in only an auto trans.

Thanks for the replies and info guys. I'm really torn about leaving the bimmer world for an IS, but it seems like the realistic thing to do right now, and they are sweet cars. Underpowered, but sweet. And the power can always be increased.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts