Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...this is a spin-off from the "Shop That Paints Headlight Housing in San Jose Fremont Area?" thread.

I have my headlights painted already, but I think one is about to leak (condensation forms when I wash my car). Anyone know where I can get them resealed/repainted in the LA/OC area?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
four20 said:
Okay...this is a spin-off from the "Shop That Paints Headlight Housing in San Jose Fremont Area?" thread.

I have my headlights painted already, but I think one is about to leak (condensation forms when I wash my car). Anyone know where I can get them resealed/repainted in the LA/OC area?

Thanks!
Hey Bro. The headlight is already leaking if its condensating. You can try wet works. But honestly, if your comming to the CDD party at Ed's house, hah, just come there and i can help you out with it. That way you can save your money.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Malekreza11 said:
four20 said:

Thanks!
Hey Bro. The headlight is already leaking if its condensating. You can try wet works. But honestly, if your comming to the CDD party at Ed's house, hah, just come there and i can help you out with it. That way you can save your money.
That'd be cool, man, of course, if it's okay with Ed, that is...I'd appreciate your help...what would we need to do? Just open and reseal it? What would I need to bring?

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
yea bro, we gotta pop that buddy open one more time. Then once its open, scrape the old useless silicone off and put some new clear silicone. Just make sure to bring some good clear silicone. And also, if you got a heat gun or HIGH power blow dryer. If not, we have to get aquainted with Ed's oven. Haha.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
YUP Rtv sealant.... oh and scratch that heatgun idea.... i dont know about you but the Heatgun in the past did more damage than anything.... Oven is the best way IMO.

Beware though.... Malekreaza11 will be sh*tfaced drunk at the CDD meet at Ed's place... I wouldn't let him touch your headlights.... :lol:

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
UpTownIS300er said:
YUP Rtv sealant.... oh and scratch that heatgun idea.... i dont know about you but the Heatgun in the past did more damage than anything.... Oven is the best way IMO.

Beware though.... Malekreaza11 will be sh*tfaced drunk at the CDD meet at Ed's place... I wouldn't let him touch your headlights.... :lol:
LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.