Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to do a headlight swap with dayvers, but convienently, neither of us have the mechanical ability to take out and reinstall headlights ourselves. Anyone know of a good shop or person in Orange County that could easily do this?

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
i'd help if i had time maybe...

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
i'm sure there are some DIY guides on here. you'll have to take off the front bumper to get the headlights out. i've only assisted a couple times before. i've never done it on my own. sorry!

some scattered thoughts? you'll need to pop off those black plastic "rivets/buttons" in the wheel well areas to allow you to remove the front bumper. you'll also have to disconnect all the lights before pulling the front bumper completely off. you'll have to remove some of those black "button" looking thingies near the grill area, where the front bumper & grill is held onto the car.

please note: there are some black plastic headlamp & bumper clips that need to be removed gently. if you break them, you'll need to get them at a dealer. so don't just pull off your front bumper too quickly.

to get the headlamps off, you'll have to undo/unscrew 2 points on each headlamp?

search around on here to see what you can find. anyone who paints their headlamps needs to take the bumper off too, so i'm sure there has to be a write-up somewhere.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
i've done it 3 times recently and am now an expert at it!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IS300bOy1080 said:
hey delta00:

i already refer dave to my friend's shop. he just need to find a date to do it...
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
hey greg, i might not take it out just yet. i want to sell my other stuff first before i go ahead and swap. but i'll let you know bro. sorry for the inconvience

dave

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
I'm in SD, but if you guys wanna make a trek down here, I'll help. free of charge. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts